1~

I don't know quite how I got into this situation ~ an arranged marriage, it all happened so quickly.
It was a normal day up until I got home from school, only to be met by the screeching sound of my stepmother telling me to come immediately into the kitchen, oh did I miss my father dearly.

"What could you possibly want now Mara! I have homework." The yelling of Valentina's voice replying laced with a small lie, walking in the direction of Mara's voice.
" Good news my dear, there will be a wedding."
The smile spread across her face like venom. As her hands clapped together.

"Are you seriously getting married! It's only been a month since dad went missing, and you are already moving on, planning a wedding? I can't believe you!" Valentina's usually calm person turned aggressive.
Mara looked confused at her stepdaughter small smile spreading across her velvet stained lips.
"Not me possum, you." There was a slight pause when she saw Valentina's expression of disbelief, " I have arranged a wedding for you, Tomorrow morning. Everything is already planned, your father and I agreed. I didn't tell you until now so you don't get any ideas of running away," Mara finished smile growing wider amusement in her eyes.
Valentina ran upstairs to her room, locking herself in. She didn't try and plead to Mara as she already knew she wouldn't take no for an answer. Valentina's fate was decided, all she could do was hope it was a nightmare so that in the morning she could wake up, go to school and live her life as hers, make her own desisions.
~