ONE

"You've never really told me about those flowers?" Yoongi questioned, leaning forward and letting his lips curve into a smile as he eyed the small, yellow flower cradled in Jimin's hair.

"Hyung, Don't you think they're pretty?" Jimin fiddled with the soft peony, blushing slightly as Yoongi chuckled, avoiding eye contact as he lowered his head to hide his gummy smile.

"They're beautiful"
The words drifted through the air and Jimin hummed appreciatively at them, then reached his hand across the table to join it with Yoongi's. Yoongi's hand was warm against his own as the pad of his thumb rubbed circles mindlessly across his knuckles.

"If I tell you the real reason, You won't laugh at me, right?" Jimin asked cautiously, Yoongi nodded his head quickly, grasping the younger boys hand firmly as he leaned in a little closer.

Jimin sank his teeth carelessly into his bottom lip, chewing it hard enough to draw blood as his mind slowly trailed back to when he was younger.

"Well, You already know my family wasn't that supportive of my.. lifestyle" Jimin muttered, looking up to make eye contact with Yoongi, who was still gripping onto his hand.

Yoongi squeezed his hand comfortingly as he nodded, leaning in to encourage Jimin to tell him more.

"Well, when my dad found out, he was really mad.. I had to leave home after that. Afterwards, when I was waiting for the bus, I found a little white peony in my pocket." Jimin's voice had almost lowered to a whisper, he went silent for a moment before clearing his throat and looking up at Yoongi.

"There was a little post-it note, too, from my mum. All it said was that she hoped I created a good life for myself, but it meant alot to me. I guess it's all a little dumb, but I really like carrying flowers now. They remind me of her" Jimin sighed, feeling a small weight come off his chest as he tried not to cry, but after a few seconds, he felt the familiar prick of tears and began sniffling quietly.

"Let's go home, My coffee is cold anyway, and it's not nearly bitter enough" Yoongi stood up, pulling Jimin with him by the hand. Yoongi offered him a soft smile as Jimin buried his head in his shoulder, giggling softly.

"I hate crying in public" Jimin mumbled to nobody in particular, Yoongi pulled him closer to him, letting him rest his head on his shoulder as they walked.
The walk home was silent, Jimin eventually drifted away from Yoongi but still kept their hands intertwined. Even though they were both horrible at feelings and such, they still tried their hardest to comfort eachother when they needed it.

~~

"Jin Hyung wants us to go out tomorrow night to some club. It's for Namjoon's birthday" Yoongi shouted through the hallway of their shared apartment. Jimin sighed dramatically from another room, but said okay anyway. He had grown to hate nightclubs, but he knew there was no avoiding it since it was Namjoon's birthday.

Yoongi flopped down onto their bed and blinked up at the ceiling, he heard the younger boy skipping around their apartment and smiled fondly. He tilted his head to the side and saw a little, pink flower nestled carelessly under their bed covers.

He always found them lying around their apartment, they were usually on the floor or the table, but he'd occasionally find them on his pillow after Jimin had taken a nap. But he didn't mind, actually he found them endearing.

He could never look at flowers the same.
Before he met Jimin, he wouldn't look twice at the patches of flowers by their apartment, but now, they always remind him of the younger boy. They remind him of his soft hair, his pretty smile, his soft tummy, the way he pouts when he wants something..

"You okay?" He heard the soft voice from their bedroom door, he turned around and smiled at Jimin, who now had a bright orange cosmo flower tucked neatly in his blonde curls.
Yoongi nodded in response, sticking his arms out as a signal for Jimin to get into bed beside him. He padded silently across the carpet to join Yoongi, a bright smile plastered across his face

Yoongi gave Jimin a gummy smile in return as he pulled him in closer.

"Yoongi, do we really have to go out tomorrow" Jimin pouted, his voice a little higher than usual. Yoongi rolled his eyes and pulled the younger boy closer, if that was even possible.

"Yes, but we'll just go for a few drinks, Okay? I'm sure Namjoon and Jin will be busy enough with eachother" Yoongi stuck his tongue out of the corner of his mouth, chuckling softly. Jimin laughed, too. It was a soft laugh, Yoongi noted, as he felt the younger boy vibrate against him.

"Jungkook might be there, too. Have you seen how big that kid has gotten?? He's taller than me now!" Jimin raised his voice dramatically. It was silent for a few seconds, then Yoongi began laughing again.

"Jiminie, Everybody is taller than you" Yoongi replied, Jimin shot up and hit him on the arm, a small pout playing across his face.

"You're only an inch taller than me!" Jimin giggled, flopping back down into his previous position, pressing his head against Yoongi's chest, mindlessly listening to his heartbeat.

"Whatever, shortie" Yoongi mumbled. He felt Jimin growing heavier in his arms as he looked down, realizing he was fast asleep. He moved around a little, trying to pull away from Jimin but the younger boy only gripped onto him tighter, frowning a little in his sleep.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, but settled his head down on the pillow and fluttering his eyes shut, deciding that he needed a nap, anyway.