Chapter 1: Death Before A Funeral

~Chris Brown~
August 23, 2015

I tried to get to her as fast as I could, but I still heard gunshots and police and ambulances were everywhere

I tried to get to her as fast as I could, but I still heard gunshots and police and ambulances were everywhere. There was just so many other people injured or dead laying around crying for help. I looked around to see if I could find her until I heard her voice.

Chris." She said barely above a whisper. I saw her laid down on the ground on the side of the road and she had a few bullet wounds along her stomach area and was bleeding out. I applied pressure to try and stopped the bleeding.

She placed her hand on top of mine. Before she spoke.

"I don't think I'm gonna make it." She said squeezing my hand

"Don't talk like that, help is on the way I'm right here, just stay with me." She started coughing

"You know I love you right." She said touching the side of my face

"I know and I love you too." I held her hand against my phone

"I need you to be strong for me." She said losing her voice

"No no no I can't lose you." I felt tears run down my face

"I'm going to be okay, just promise me you'll take care of my sister for me." I could feel her hand shaking and losing its strength. She started breathing slowly like she was out of breath and her eyes started to close.

"Cmon Bey stays with, wake up, you can't leave me! I need you!" I shook her to see if she was going to wake up but there was no response. I couldn't do anything but cry and hold her lifeless body in my arms.

"They'll pay for this, I'll make sure they'll do!" I didn't know what to feel, I felt angry, sad and most of all guilty. If it weren't for my mistakes she would have never gotten into this. I still don't see any responders coming around. I didn't want to let her go anyway.

A little boy came over to us and looked at Beyonce. I just kept my eyes on her.

"That lady saved me." He said pointing at her. I looked up and saw a scar on his forehand and it looked like he had something in his hand

"I think this belongs to her." He handed me a police badge with her name on it.

"Thank you." I took it from his hand then a women came along calling for him

"Brandon what are you doing? this is dangerous, you can't just go off wandering off like that." The women yelled

"Sorry Mommy, I was only trying to give back the lady her things." The women picked him up and placed him on her hip

"She was my hero." After he said that I finally understood why she was shot. The women looked at Beyonce then back at her son. Then she ran off.

Afterward, the paramedics finally came around and took her from my arms. Placing her body on a stretcher.