🍒Prologue🍒

I'm finally starting high school. Hell yeah! The uniform is god awful, though.

Hi, I'm Y/N. I'm just starting high school as a freshman- and my best friend Aph is joining me! She's the total opposite of me- nice, would never do things like swear or do drugs, and is a human. I'm a werewolf.

I only live with my older brother- my father went missing long ago during a war and my mother died of breast cancer- and my little sister was kidnapped and found murdered- she was only 11 years old while I was 13- and yes- that happened this year. Earlier this year.

I slip on the skirt, tucking my tail out, and slipping on my shirt, stockings, shoes, everything. I almost gagged when I looked into the mirror.

I sighed and wandered out of my room, grabbing my backpack and throwing it over my shoulder as I walked downstairs. "I'm leaving." I muttered, not bothering to eat breakfast.

"Okay." My brother was getting ready for his first day of senior year- he went to another school. He went to a private school- I go to a public school- Pheonix Drop High.

I got out my phone and began texting my best friend as I walked out the door.

Me: hey aph, u at school yet

BESTIE: Hi N/N! No, not yet. I'm on my way now! My mom is driving me.

Me: ok, see u there xoxo

BESTIE: TTYL :3

I always hated that stupid cat face Aphmau always made- but she liked to use it- so I allowed it to slip.

I began walking to my school- it was within walking distance. Aphmau must've already been there, because I saw Aphmau's mom's car go by me.

I reached the school gates and rushed in to find Aphmau- and I saw her. The shortie herself.

I rushed over and jump-hugged her, Aphmau screamed as she fell onto the floor. I grinned. "Hey Aph!!" I shrieked. "Shh, not so loud!" She whisper-yelled, putting her pointer finger on my lips to silence me. I bit her finger, causing her to scream again, me getting up.

She got up, brushing off the dirt that got on her skirt. "Have any other friends that go here?" Aphmau questioned. "Not really- maybe Lucinda, but that's about it." I muttered, fixing my hair. "Oh- Lucinda? Whose she?"

"If she does go to this school, I'll introduce her to you." I smiled. "Alright!" Aphmau grinned. "Why aren't the doors open?" Aphmau eyed the doors of the school. "I heard they don't open them yet- later. It's confusing." I commented, grunting.

Soon enough, we were let in, and given our schedules- I already had mine, it was sent in the mail, but Aphmau was home-schooled.

Soon enough, the day ended. I had to text someone.

Me: hey

BOO: hey cherry! how are u? how was the first day of freshman year?

Me: it was good! i got to see my best friend, she goes to the same school. she's awesome. one day you should meet her lol

BOO: i mean if you want me to i'll meet her, but i might not be the best at socializing with her

Me: i know, i won't put all the stress on u. u able to call when i get home?

BOO: not today, calling a friend to play a game

Me: oh?? who

BOO: a friend i play this mmo game with, she's fucking amazing- i don't know how i'd live without her honestly

Me: oh! do u have a crush on her?

BOO: yeah, just a small one though

Me: u lady killer! well i gtg, ttyl

BOO: ttyl cherry!

I felt jealousy swell up inside me. He had a crush on this.. Stranger online? Sure, I might have a small crush on this guy- calling himself FC- but he couldn't like another girl! Couldn't!

I sighed and began walking home, Aphmau running up to me. "Hey! You were walking without me! My mom asked me to come to your house for a bit while she runs some errands!" My tail started wagging. "Okay!" I grinned. We began walking back to my house- my brother's car was in the driveway, so I knew he was home.

I entered my house, my brother and his girlfriend watching TV. I dropped my backpack on the ground, letting Aphmau take off her backpack too. "Hey, don't do any crazy shit, my friend is over!" I shouted to my brother, him flicking me off.

I went upstairs and entered my room, letting Aphmau in. "Can I go on your computer for a bit? I want to play a game with my friend." I frowned. I thought we were going to hang out. "Okay." I chirped through gritted teeth, jumping onto my bed and laying down, going on my phone and scrolling through Instagram.

I heard Aphmau begin talking, putting on my Beats headphones. She was talking to her friend.

And FC was probably already playing his game with his friend.

I muttered soemthing under my breath before putting in some earbuds and listening to Billie Eilish, slowly drifting to sleep.

When I woke up, there was a note beside me from Aphmau, and it was 3 AM, and the lights in my room were off.

It said:

Hey N/N, I left at 5 PM! Thanks for letting me on your computer and stuff! Text me when you wake up!

                         -XOXO Aph

I grunted. I didn't feel like texting her. I crumbled up the note and threw it into my trashcan, going to the bathroom with a clean towel and my pajamas, taking a quick shower, stepping out, drying myself off and blow drying my hair, putting on my pajamas and throwing my dirty laundry in the clothes hamper. Tomorrow was my day to do laundry. I groaned loudly.

I exited my bathroom and entered my room, falling back to sleep.