« chapter one »

“it's raining really hard today.” he put a hand up under the umbrella, satisfied by the strong patter.

taehyung kept humming a tune until his spotted ears twitched when a small troubled whine arose above the rain.

he thought he was hearing things, so he kept walking. then he heard it again, but louder. he felt something inside him pull towards an alley, the source of the mysterious sound.

a curled up child, looks to be about 18, in a soaked through white shirt and pants. a shiny collar stuck out to the pink-haired male.

“um...hello? are you ok?” he hesitated, reaching out a hand.

a pair of chocolate brown ears perked up, a small yelp and icy blue met with brown.

he had cuts and bruises all over his face, a very obvious slash on his arm, which he was holding up like a paw.

the collar taehyung saw before had the name namjoon, engraved on it.

the small hybrid's cat eyes looked terrified, like he'd just seen a ghost.

“m-m-master?” he stuttered out.

“no, I'm not your master, do you want me to bring you bac-”

“no master pl-please!”

“ok...’ he tapped his chin, ‘jin is gonna kill me for this but.. do you wanna stay at my house-” a grip on his leg stopped him.

“ho-home please..”
«»«»«»
the now sleeping hybrid was surprisingly light for his age, his rib cage visible from under his shirt.

poor little thing, he's hardly been fed!, taehyung thought.

“poor little thing! he's hardly been fed!” the older whispershouted, namjoon still sleeping, snoring softly.

he didn't have any clothes in his size, so after he gave him a bath (not in a weird way), he placed on a pale yellow sweater with a baby duck on it, and some basketball shorts.

“where'd you find him?” seokjin questioned, examining the younger.

“he was in an alley, and he was soaked from head to toe, and he had been crying about someone he called ‘master’ trying to hurt him-”

“ok, shush..” he tapped his chin, nose scrunched up in thought, “normally, i'd kill you over this but..since he was sick. i'll let him stay.”

the other sighed in relief, “thank you-”

“ah-ah-ah, i'm not finished. as long as you take care of him, understand?”

taehyung playfully rolled his eyes, “ok eomma.”

“yah, treat your elders with respect!” he wacked him on the back of his head.

the hybrid stirred in his sleep, rubbing his eyes. and the most adorable little yawn came out of him.

namjoon almost jumped out of his skin, forgetting about how he got here.

“hey, calm down. shh, it's ok. you're safe.” the older held the trembling boy close, whispering sweet nothings in his ears until he calmed down.

he peeked out from jin's arms and his face brightened at the familiar face.

“hi ‘not your master’!”
----
A/N: this story is sO CUTE ISKSHSKEJEKEKNSNKDKSKSLALAK