A true loves kiss

There once was a beautiful girl who fell under a dark and cruel curse. A curse so cruel and unforgiving that she was to sleep for eternity, unless she received the true loves kiss.

The girl was asleep in a tower so high, it touched the sky. With not one to guard it but the curse itself, for who can give her a true loves kiss if the person giving it does not know her?

A boy heard the story of a girl under a curse, sleeping in a tower that touches the sky. He knew this girl, her name and her face. He'd known her when he was little and watched her grow up without saying a word to her and because of that she had never known him. He had loved her fiercely even though he did not know how he possibly could.

Because the boy loved the girl he wanted her to live, he did not care if the girl did not want to be with him even though it would be true love. He did not want to wonder his whole life if he could wake her up or not and put on his leather boots, old jacket and took a bag with apples for the journey to the tower.

At first he wondered if this really was the tower of the sleeping girl, not exactly touching the clouds, but he did not complain because it was less stairs for him to climb. He looked around the tower, the landscape was outstanding, the blue sea in the horizon with the sun just beginning to rise and the forest filled with oaks and birch trees with the leafs painted with orange, red and yellow behind him.

The boy opened the old wooden door and began his journey up the stairs. Right before he opened the door to where the girl is supposed to be, he breathed in and out deep, trying to breathe away his nerves. What if she wakes up, sees him and gets disappointed? What if she does not wake up? What if... Enough of the what if's.

He forgot how to breathe. She slept there utterly still, on what seemed to be the softest bed and silkiest sheets he had ever seen, her hands resting on her stomach holding a small note.

He walked over to the girl and carefully read the note in her hands,

To the one holding this note, I cannot possibly believe in a true loves kiss when I still have not met my true love. But oh, I want to live. I give the person holding this note permission to give me a light kiss on my lips. I would be forever grateful - Love, Hayley.

Even though he actually got permission to give this girl a kiss, he walked back and forth, back and forth. What if she does not want him to kiss her? What if she wakes up? Enough with the what if's, just do it!

The boy walked slowly towards the girl laying on the soft bed, he put a light hand on her right shoulder, bent down and gave her the lightest kiss he could on her soft, chilly lips. Nothing happened.

But for some reason he just cannot leave, not yet, even though she did not wake up he cannot give up. And maybe he is not her true love but leaving her here to be by herself. Sure she is asleep and probably does not know he is here but what if he somehow can talk to her or anything. Make her curse somewhat better by being there, talking to her.

So, he could not wake her up by a true loves kiss but he can come here everyday for as long as he like. Hoping that she is not too miserable with his existence.

"I... uhm... don't really know why I'm doing this and I'm truly sorry if I'm bothering you. Maybe you can't hear me, maybe you can but I just cannot leave you here by yourself."

He cannot help but frown at himself for talking to a sleeping girl. But what does he have to lose? Nobody have any interest in him down in the village so he can just as well spend his days here, in hope that the girl gets some comfort or company.

"I can tell you about my day, I would love to hear what you've been up to lately, before you ended up here of course but you're sleeping so I'll tell you about mine.