Planet

There was a quiet scratching as tiny flippers flopped desperately against coarse sand, sending a small body, fresh from the egg, clumsily tumbling forwards. It's little heart beat too fast as it pushed forwards in a terrified flight from the predators circling, clicking at each weak lifeform getting too close. Ahead, the lulling of the waves. A soft symphony called to it as it hurried from the beasts that lurked behind it, waiting in the shadows for it, or one of its brood mates to stumble. Waiting for that chance to snatch them up. 

When the minuscule turtle finally reached the lapping waves its journey had barely begun. Water pushed it forwards and backwards before it even left the sand. Shells were all very well and good as protection against predators but they were a pain to get off of. Behind it, back on the beach, squawking could be heard as gulls swooped down on a turtle only to catch a claw on a can. Other turtlles hirried on and no one dared to rescue the panicking bird as it flapped its wings with a violent desperation. Pain ripped through that beach yet still the little turtle shuffled on, finally in the water.

Help!

Help!

The waves....

They're too strong..........

Please....

Somebody......

Save me!