when the party's over

dusty lilac clouds swayed beneath the frigid breeze - making their treck among the sapphire abyss

dusty lilac clouds swayed beneath the frigid breeze - making their treck among the sapphire abyss. they dodged small azure birds, moulding within the winds icy talons like clay.

as nightfall settled in, the sun slowly dipped beneath the layer of lush evergreen shrubs that lay on the distant horizon - the sky above blooming into shades of apricot and ruby. whispy clouds seemed to dissolve, as deep indigo seemed to seep within the hues of rose and flaxen yellow, swirling and spirally together to form burn amber.

the sun said it's last goodbyes, as luna glimmered in the sky above - her pearlescent light merely a gift from the solar that once rested up high like she. a blanket of darkness soon began to sweep over, the lands above being laced with sheets upon sheets of onyx and raven - shining with silver sequins and glittering globes.

the emerald grass beneath his back seemed to cool, a swift gust of wind painting it's way over his nimble limbs. the sounds of twigs and fallen autumn leaves cracking and crunching beneath heavy boots could be heard from a distance - but chenle didn't fret.

he lay in a field of daisies, their stark white petals curling against his form, sweet and supple curled buds resting against his flushed and freezing cheeks. their viridescent leaves and iridescent corolla dotted in small beads of water, presumably from the afternoon shower that had occurred only so many moments ago.

sure - his attire was soaked, but passing up the chance to miss one of the most magnificent sunsets was something the blonde wouldn't even bother considering.

the crunching came to a halt, leaving chenle to let out a brisk and hearty laugh. "don't tread on the daisies, peaches," he sang.

his eyes fluttered closed, eyelashes resting on burning scarlet cheeks, slim digits toying with the blonde tufts of his curly hair.

receiving a low, timbre hum in return, he blinked his eyes open, shifted from his spot atop the lush and cushioning grass, instead springing into a sitting position.

there he sat, surrounded and swaddled in a sea of flourished florets - some having swum into his head of ashen ringlets, happily tucking themselves behind his pierced ears.

opposing him, standing beyond the border of the flower field was a peachy haired jisung, who cradled a bundle of blankets and traps beneath one arm, and held a plastic bag of what chenle assumed to be food in the other.

'come help me up, petal,' jisung whispered, his low tone lapsing and becoming apart of the cool, winter breeze.

a grin twitched at the corners of the blonde's lips, as he murmured something playful and witty about 'always your hero, aren't i?', it being caught be the curious ears of the younger - as he observed chenle unceremoniously pulling himself from the grassy heap, daisies twined within the sewing of his canvas coloured overalls, blades of fine grass clinging to the crimson top he wore beneath.