One Blood

A sound of blowing wind echoed through the church's hall. Dried leaves flew inside because of the strong blow.

Yoobin flipped the bible's page and read every verse with a serious look on her face. She ran her slender fingers through her hair that fell before her eyes.

Seconds later, sounds of footsteps echoed inside the hall. Yoobin turned her head and saw that Hyunsoo, her lover, had arrived at the church with a messy look. Yoobin stood and approached Hyunsoo, then the couple hugged each other tightly.

"Am I late?" Hyunsoo asked

"Nope, you came in the right time" Yoobin said

Hyunsoo slipped Yoobin's hair behind her ear. Yoobin smiled and closed her eyes, pulled Hyunsoo in.

The couple kissed passionately, Hyunsoo deepened the kiss even more, so he can feel Yoobin's sweet lips. They ended the kiss right away. Hyunsoo stares deeply at Yoobin's eyes, they were beautiful and shone brightly as the stars.

"Hyunsoo, I can't stay here any longer." Yoobin looked down at her feet, turned her gaze away from Hyunsoo's eyes.

"Why? Why can't we stay together?" Hyunsoo putted down his hands onto Yoobin's shoulders.

"Because.... You will die if I stay." A glint of worry shone in her eyes, tears were about to fall right away. "I can't risk you to hide me, you know that I can't hide forever. Sooner or later, Jinyoung will come to kill me."

Hyunsoo hugged Yoobin tightly, he rested his head over Yoobin's while Yoobin rested her's against Hyunsoo's chest. Hyunsoo patted Yoobin's head gently. "No one's gonna kill you, even Jinyoung. I promise that I won't let anyone else to touch you" Hyunsoo said.

Finally, Yoobin had her tears broke down. She grabbed Hyunsoo's brown sweater and cried on top of Hyunsoo's chest. She couldn't imagine what will happen to Hyunsoo if Jinyoung kills her.

Hyunsoo tilted Yoobin's chin and their eyes met. He leaned his forehead against Yoobin's and whispered, "I love you, Yoobin."

Yoobin smiled and whispered, "I love you too."

"Promise me that you'll stay by my side, promise me that I won't lose you too, Yoobin." Hyunsoo's voice almost cracked and Yoobin could tell from Hyunsoo's expression and voice tone. "I don't want to lose you." His voice cracked a little bit when he spoke the last few words, making Yoobin's heart a little bit shattered.

"I'll never leave you alone, never."

"What's wrong with that face? Are you scared if that motherfucker will pop me out after I leave this place?" Yoobin joked

"Stop saying things like that, Yoobin. Remember, your words, your prayer." Hyunsoo slapped Yoobin's left arm. Yoobin laughed and held Hyunsoo's hands.

"Don't worry, I won't break the promise that we made" Yoobin said

Hyunsoo putted his fist on Yoobin's forehead, and he leaned against his fist. "Stay alive, okay?" Hyunsoo said. He pulled back his fist and prepared to leave the church.

"You too, darling" Yoobin said

Hyunsoo stepped outside and left the church. Yoobin stayed because she lives in the church in order to stay away from Jinyoung. The church is the only safe place for her to stay, and the church held so much memories for her.

Yoobin opened her bible, she kept flipping the pages until her finger stopped at one verse.

"I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge & understanding."
- Philippians 1:9