Where are the Speedsters?

This is a prompt idea from my "Anime and non-Japanese Animated TV show Prompts". If anyone wants to write their own version of this let me know so I can read what you've wrote(no judgement). Please do.
I don't know if Superman has super-smelling, so for this, I am going to go with no.
~

"Do we really have to wait for them to arrive to start the meeting, I mean everyone knows that they are always late. Aren't they supposed to be super fast." complained Green Lantern to Batman. There was a special meeting for the Justice League and Young Justice, and Flash and Kid Flash were late, again.

"We will wait until everyone is present, especially the Flash. I need to consult something with him about a Gotham criminal who has been spotted in Central City." replied Batman in an annoyed tone, he didn't like meetings starting late either.

"I heard that both of the civilian versions of themselves had to attend something in Central City." mentioned Martian Manhunter.

"Ok, but if they are more than twenty minutes late, like the last time, I am leaving." huffed  Green Lantern.
~

Thirty minutes had pasted and the speedsters still hadn't arrived, they hadn't even called in saying that they would be very late.
"I'm going to give Flash a call, whatever he's doing better be important!" said Superman.

He didn't pick up, neither did Kid Flash. The team was starting to get worried and decided to find their friends so they could give them a good talking too. There were late way too often. And besides, Batman wanted to catch one of his criminals that had fled to Central City.

After arriving, Batman tracked the Flash to a house in a residential area. The house looked empty, all the lights were off.

"This is Kid's house." said Robin. Now the team was really worried. Why would the speedsters be so late just to be hanging out at Kid Flash's home. Why did it look as if no one was home?

"Maybe Flash changed into civilian clothes and left his tracker on his suit and left the suit here. They are probably at some Central City social event. I heard they mayor was opening some library building today, they might be there." said Green Lantern hopefully.

"That's a possibility, but it doesn't hurt to check. Why don't you and some other see if they are at the mayor thing you were talking about." said Batman, headed towards the door.
~

The door wasn't locked and opened surprisingly smoothly. Most of the team went with Green Lantern. Only Superman, Batman, and Robin entered.

Everything  was quiet and when Superman called out, no one answered. Everything looked normal. There was a laundry basket in a corner, there were remnants of breakfast in the kitchen sink, and there was a pile of Kid Flash's homework on a table.

"I don't think they're here. I did here Wally complain about having to go to some public thing." said Robin.

"We'll just finish the check anyway. Someone is here though, just two people, I here their heartbeats, It's too slow to be a speedster's heart, it's probably Wally's mom or dad." said Superman.

Then they entered the hallway. What they saw petrified them.
~

Please comment, give me pointers , and please write your own version of this. I think this is a good idea, but I don't really execute my ideas very well. Once I try to write them, they die.