Chapter 1 - Rusty Beetle

A/N: Most of this is incomplete so watch out for that.

A war has happened from October 12, 1800-November 20, 1804. New York vs some ghosts and ghouls. This war is something that nobody could remember...

...until Dr. Peter Venkman found a cemetery in New York City. Specifically, in Staten Island.

He and his team have just captured a ghost that was threatening to blow up the whole borough just because of the fact that he was a ghost. He was aiming at Dr. Venkman and calling him a traitor. "Venkman or Bust!" he would say, but Venkman wouldn't care at all. Just one shoot and kaboom, he's gone.

Although, Dr. Venkman thinks he remembers that man. He tightens up his black gloves and goes to a nearby cemetery at Staten Island. He finds a small artifact at a gravestone. The person buried was somebody that Venkman recognized: Simon Verrick. Venkman picked up a memorial item. It looked like a beetle of some kind, and it was very small. It's not valuable to anyone, except for Venkman and his colleagues, because they're the Ghostbusters. They believe everything has to do with something.

When Peter got home, he was greeted by Janine, sitting by the desk. She gets a call. "Ghostbusters, how can I help ya?" she repeats her 4 times a day phrase.

Peter smiles and goes upstairs, but Dr. Egon Spengler leaves the lab. Spengler was one of the greatest minds in the state of New York, and one of the reasons why New York exists to [the present] day. "Peter, did you steal that?"

"No...." Venkman lies. Egon takes the object away from him.

"Of course you didn't. Now, what is this?" Egon hums and zooms into the object, closer and closer each time, examining each detail. "Hmmm... Fascinating." He calls a different person to join his research. "Hey Ray, look at this and tell me if this reminds you of something."

Definitely reminds me of something... Peter thought. But... what was that thing?

Ray walks down the stairs in his pajamas and a robe. "wHaAT???" He calls Egon with yawning comfort. Dr. Ray Stantz was also one of the greatest minds in New York. He has a big heart and a big smile and gets fascinated by almost anything. He looks at the object Egon has in his hands. "Looks like a beetle."
Peter also gets closer to the object. "It's a rusty one."

Ray and Egon decide that they had to go to the lab quickly.
While investigating, Egon finds the fingerprints of Dr. Venkman, despite Peter only holding the artifact with gloves and gloves only. Ray thinks that it's not a just a possession of Venkman's ancestors, but that it actually belonged to Peter's preincarnation while the war happened, and he died under a different name. Peter wants that guy's name to be Gerald. Ray believes Egon's theory and he loves it.

Janine calls the crew down because of a ghost in the Bronx. When the Ghostbusters, along with Winston, come down to bust 'em, nobody realizes there's a ghost in Janine's flower vase watching them. The vase had a bouquet of poppies. The yellow eyes of the poppies made them, well, pop.

While driving, Ray talks about his stories about the Bronx for basically the whole way there. The conversation slowly turns to making fun of a restaurant. The Ghostbusters were called by Mr. and Mrs. Cooke, who were familiar with Ray. They said there was an undead soldier that has said to have died in the early 1800s in a war.

In the firehouse, meanwhile, Janine was alone until a woman named Helena said there is a demon in her house and will give the company thousands if the Ghostbusters got rid of it. Janine says no due to lack of details. She can't call any of the Ghostbusters because she doesn't know who specifically to call. Helena "does something we don't know until the next paragraph."

We cut back to the fight in the Bronx. The Ghostbusters need to catch the ghost. They do, they go home, but Janine is acting odd. Her papers are everywhere and she's reading her book upside down. A picture of a man in a ponytail is seen in it's cracked frame. The coffee has been spilled. Somehow, the vase of poppies were not harmed during the accident.

She pulls Peter's arm and yells, "You are the one who has done this to me! How could you!?"

Peter, in total shock, yells "Why!?"

Janine slams the door in front of her. Total silence follows.