It was a cold, dark night when I had awoken randomly. The analog clock red in dim letters, "3:00" I laid there for some reason just staring at the now gray ceiling which had originally been white. The more I stared the less I felt tired. I then closed my eyes to manage to get some more sleep when I heard a quiet chuckling. The chuckling sounded as if it would possibly be coming from under my bed. I just ignored it believing that it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Though, the chuckling didn't stop. It did not sound humanoid in the slightest. I began sweating immensely. I had to figure out what was making the noise. I slowly crawled to the edge of by bed and looked down into the dark, anonymous underneath. The chuckling continued. The only thing that came to my mind was to say, "What are you?" Whatever was under there proceeded to speak. "Hello there old chum," it greeted. "I'm g-not a gnelf, I'm g-not a gnoblin, I'm a gnome!" I saw its eyes light up. "And you've been gnomed!" It then proceeded to begin chuckling even more. It shot out of the bed and phased through the door while in a constant state of t-pose. I never forgot that night as it was the most terrifying experience of my life.