One Shot

"Oh god." Steve choked out as he flipped over Vision's dead body

Natasha's hand went to her stomach as she felt her reason for fighting slip away from her. She felt her heart rate rise as her breathing became more and more rapid, and she felt the last of it leave her. She was panicked, she couldn't move, she could barely breathe, she was frozen in time with her hand on her stomach. After her panic passed she knew what she had to do, the only other thing that was left in her life was out in the world somewhere, and she needed to find him.

"I need to go." She whispered to the rest of the shocked group who had crowded around her and Steve, they were their leaders afterall. Steve didn't look up as she pushed her way through the group and took off towards the city, until Rhodey came, he put his hand on her wrist effectively stopping her from going.

"Natasha. You aren't leaving. It isn't safe, we don't know what else could happen."

"Rhodey. I need to leave and you aren't going to stop me. I can take care of myself."

"Natasha I know you can, but you can't leave. We need you. Natasha, I'm not going to let you go." He pleaded with her, refusing to let go of her wrist.

"Rhodey, if what I think happened, just happened. I need to go." She said with tears in her eyes as she looked at him, it took him a moment, but he knew what she was talking about.

"Clint?" He asked her. She only nodded as he released her and she took off through the jungle. She didn't stop when she was confronted by the rest of the Dora Milaje, or even when Princess Shuri tried to stop her from taking the jet that they had arrived in. She didn't care what they had to say, she just pushed her way through them, ignoring everything, all she could think about was Clint and if he was OK. She had to know if he was OK. He had to be OK.

She took off in the plane and her body was operating off of muscle memory, it knew where to take her. Her mind was elsewhere as she flew, mostly thinking about Clint, about what she had to tell him, if he was even alive. Her brain wouldn't let her think about anything else other than Clint, and as she got closer and closer to her destination a pit of dread grew in her stomach. A pit of dread replaced what should have been there instead. She couldn't think about the battle or how they lost, what they did wrong, anything else, her brain had one focus and it was Clint.

She called Fury on her way to meet Clint, she needed to know if he had been transferred, he didn't pick up. She assumed that he was gone. She had now lost half of her team and the person who was like a father to her, the pit of dread grew ever deeper. She tried Maria, knowing that if anyone else knew about Clint it would be her. She didn't pick up. The pit grew deeper and Natasha fell into it.

Natasha broke down, crying, sobbing, mourning. She had lost nearly her entire family, Wanda, Sam, Tony, Vision, Fury, Maria. All of them were gone, and that wasn't even the worst part. She sobbed and cried wishing that Clint was there to comfort her like he always was. She cried until her sobs choked her, and she was hyperventilating. She stumbled out of the cockpit and vomited in a trash can. Everything that was happening was too much. She didn't have Clint, he wasn't there, he hadn't called, he hadn't texted, he had gone totally radio silent, and all she could think of was the worst. In her mind he had to be gone, but he couldn't leave her. He was her everything, he had given her everything she had ever wanted in life, she couldn't imagine living without him. When she finally pulled herself away from the trash can she started to pull herself together. She dried her eyes and changed her clothes. She still had a long way to go until she reached Clint's last known location. To her the wait seemed endless and with every passing second, she lost more and more hope.

When she landed she had to fight every urge, every cell in her body, to keep herself from running into the warehouse, searching the place top to bottom for Clint, and refusing to let anyone leave until she found him. She walked calmly to the door and knocked, knowing that they were the wrong people to scare, she could take them easily, but she didn't want to, all she wanted was Clint. The peephole was opened and two blue eyes stared down at her green ones, she was excited momentarily, until she realized they were blue, not grey like Clint's.