In a Theatre

Lilac's mom worked a lot. Sometimes this work took her all over the planet. If it was a fun place, she'd bring Lilac along. Of course this also included Lilac's aunt, who was usually the one to show Lilac the city and her father was with her mother on business. The only one left to show her around was her aunt.

Because of her mother's work she had seen Paris, Orlando, Egypt, San Diego, and China. The one city she hadn't seen (on this Earth) was New York City.

Morgan was going to have a meeting there with a lot of the Traveler ambassadors from other countries she hadn't met. The meetings would take a long time, nearly the whole day. Thorax would be in the meetings with her, as Prince Consort.

Darcy was real excited to show Lilac the city. She had a plan all setup for their week long trip.

They were walking along Times Square. Darcy was showing Lilac a map of the city.

"So we're going to visit this Spy-Escape Room. Myself, personally, think we can beat it in twenty minutes." Darcy explained. Lilac smiled in delight. They moved to the crosswalk. "Then we'll swing by the Disney store-"

A car honked at them.

"Suck a cock!" She shouted at the car.

"Auntie!" Lilac gasped.

Darcy scoffed. "What that? That's how New Yorkers say hello." Darcy explained. "You've been here before. You know this."

Lilac blushed. She was still frowning, her cheeks heating up. "That doesn't make it right!"

Her aunt scoffed again.

Lilac knew she wasn't like the rest of her family. She was a dragon, which was a huge signal. And grew up in a magical land, filled with magical creatures that sang of friendship and harmony. On Earth they were...Lilac didn't want to say cruel, more like they were less kind. The humans here weren't as open with their emotions.

Her mother and aunt were two such people. Darcy, well she was always that way. Her mother was more sensitive, more hurt. She had learned from the cruelty of humans to shield off her emotions. She was always laughing though. The world had laughed at her, why not return the favor?

Lilac herself preferred to be kind. Her species-again, dragons- were known to be beasts. The world destroyers, hellbringers, princess takers. They were never known for kindness. So Lilac sought to be a better representation for her kind. The instinct to be kind came naturally.

Morgan and Darcy never shamed Lilac for her kindness. They were always proud when she acted on her own two feet, instead of hiding behind the shadows.

"Come on, kid." Darcy threw her arm over Lilac's shoulder. "We can go to the Disney store first. It's closer to us."

"I'm not a kid anymore, Auntie. I'm nearly fifty."

"You look nearly twenty so shut it." Darcy argued. "Plus I'm 101. You have so much to learn from me."

Lilac groaned at the awful pun.

==DOM==

While Morgan and Thorax worked during the day, they made sure to keep their schedules free at night. They would spend time with their family dammit!

Morgan had an entire week in New York. She took her family to a Broadway show every night. Monday (first night), they saw Wicked ("I told you, Darcy, there is no Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street on Broadway!" "You are literally the worst sister ever."). Tuesday was Dear Evan Hansen, Wednesday night was Mean Girls, Thursday it was Hamilton, and Friday was Anastasia. It was next to a play that as soon as Lilac saw it, she knew she had to see.