The pen is mightier than the sword.

He was in a car crash

He was in a car crash. Three digits two streets down. Coma. Three weeks.

I slit my wrist. They warned me about killing myself. I didn't care. I can't take it. I want death. None of this will matter if I'm dead, who survives, who doesn't, it won't matter. Now it does.

Duke saved me. Loves me enough to kill himself a thousand times but doesn't love me enough to let me rest.

Now, I'm constantly on cocaine. If I don't have something up my nose I go crazy. Duke too.

Now, he's in a wheelchair, pushed through school by Nathaniel who upon the news of his accident took on his responsibility. He's lost weight. A lot. I don't know why he's still in school. I know Chloe hates it. I know she can't do anything about it. I go to school just to look at him. Just to look at him. I press my nails into the bandage around my wrist and I hope the wound tears open. I pray it ends.

It doesn't.

. • ➳ • .

"Where...?! What the fuck....? I'll kill you if it happens, I'm on my way."

"What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"What the fuck was that?"

"I'll be back."

"I'm coming."

"You'll stay here."

"The fuck I am."

"S-"

"Duke...."

. • ➳ • .

It ruined us. Our bond. My brother, his sister. You don't make out with your brother in school corners. You don't grab your sister's ass in public.

I lost my brother.

. • ➳ • .

I can hear her gagging.

I can hear him moaning.

I can hear the friction of his hand and her hair, her knees and the floor, her hand and his thigh.

I can hear them.

I can't react.

Slam.

"Go near him again, I swear to God, you won't have a single limb left in your body when I'm done with you."

"I don't see why you're protesting when my girlfriend's been on your cock while I was in a coma you sent me into."

"Fuck whomever you want Avery, I couldn't care any less how many girls you'll go through in a night, but not her."

"Not her?"

"Avery-"

"The crash fucked my memories, I'd love an explanation."

"It's not-"

"I'm working on being more forgiving, and it's working, thanks to her, she restored my faith in it. I'm pretty sure I'll find it in myself to forgive you by the next time I fuck her throat. You should thank her. I don't think I need to tell you how?"

"I never thought I'd be grateful you're in a wheelchair."

He drove him home.

I stayed. Waited.

She found me.

"Scarlet?"

Inhale.

Exhale.

I grab her collar, shove her into the wall. Kick her once to bring her down to the floor, trap her and force her mouth open. Pull her tongue, cut a bit off. Tiny bit, I promise. Dust.

"Put it to use one more time, and I'll cut the whole thing out."

Step on her on my walk out.

Wait.

Don't forget toVoteCommentShareStay safe

Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share
Stay safe.

xMichelle