The Last Message

“They say that, once you start texting you can’t stop. But that’s not true.”

Chapter1  

Memories are made.                                                                          

My name is Nicco William and I’m in the 10th grade going on to the 11th. I always wondered what it would be like to be 16. You know like driving a nice car, picking up girls, bragging about it to my friends. To think that day was actually about to come. My days of being 15 are about to be over.

            I’m just a regular kid going to school in a little town known as Ozark. It’s also known as Krazo backwards. I have two older sisters and an older brother. But I just live with my mom since the rest of them moved out. It really didn’t suck being the youngest in the family.  Some people say the youngest gets the best first, but I actually get the best that had been used last. But that didn’t matter all that mattered was that in one more day, I was going to turn sixteen.

        It all started when I turned sixteen on Dec. 17, 2011 exactly at 3:05pm When I turned sixteen every other thing changed. I’ve gotten a new phone and a new car. I wasn’t that happy about the new phone but, I was very ecstatic about the new car. It was an electrifying blue with that, had a hypnotizing, silver striped blur that ran down both sides of it. It was an energy efficient car but I wasn’t so crazy about the model of the car. That really didn’t matter to me. All that mattered was that I had a good looking car and I was going to have a good looking driver license and I could drive it anywhere and anytime I wanted to. Or so I thought.

   My mom wasn’t thrilled about getting me a car. One, because of the insurance rates being so high for young drivers. Secondly, she thought I lacked the characteristics of being a responsible teen which I didn’t that of myself at all of course, and the main reason she was so apprehensive to hand over the keys to my brand new car was because she was truly worried about me texting while driving. She thought I was encrypted into my phone because I never stayed off of it. I told her I can’t help that I have a life, but thank you for your concerns.

‘’Don’t be worried about anything, because I have a job. Now a days, it’s hard for young teens like me to get a job and keep it. You see that I'm already responsible enough to keep my job and now you won’t have to worry about bringing me back and forth from work. I know what I’m doing mom.’’ “Sure son, that’s what they all said. Now if I give you these keys, you have to follow all the rules and guidelines that go along with the car. You understand?” “Of course mom I understand. I love you!” “I love you too son. I’ll give you all the details tomorrow.” I thought to myself, how hard could it be to follow all the rules