TABOO 2 (aka The Nightcap)- Mature

TABOO 2

Ethan’s POV

I ran my fingers through my hair yet again… It was a habit that I had tried to kill over the past few months but just being in an elevator where it all started, had brought it back to life and with a vengeance. I looked up to see which floor I was on, and I gulped seeing I was two floors away from my destination and I was nervous as hell…

I had just returned home for the winter break and there was one thing- or rather, one very lithe woman that had been doing cartwheels, hand stands along with some other not so innocent acrobatic feats in my wayward mind and I was very anxious to see her. That woman was like a little red kettle filled with hot stuff but she had a short spout and I hoped that I’d be alive in the hours that were to follow because if she wasn’t happy to see me, I would surely die. Or get my ass handed to me- the latter being most likely.

A few months before high school graduation, she had given me ‘marching orders’ and I actually tried going through with them just to humour her but in the end, I failed miserably. She was aware of my disobedience in some respects as I went through great pains to bother her, making sure she was aware of my presence but she had no idea how bad things had gotten for me since prom night and what a night that was…

Before long I found myself standing in front of apartment 5A and I felt determination pour into me as I realized she was on the other side of the doorway. I practically pounded down the poor brown door in excitement. “Ms Dunn, are you home? Open up, it’s me Ethan.”

*

Anna’s POV

I would have known that voice anywhere and at any time of the day… It was him and he was right outside my door, banging it with such strength that I swore he’d take it off the hinges. Under normal circumstances, I would have gone ape on the asshole that was at my door but I found myself frozen on the floor despite the heat from my fireplace and the blanket that covered my legs, looking towards the closed door. I felt my teeth sink into my lower lip; I wasn’t completely ready for this…

The last time we saw each other it had been the night of grad prom and I had been asked to chaperone in the stead of another member of staff who had to cancel at the last minute. That night, things got way out of hand.

I had been patrolling the halls and bathrooms when I got pulled into a classroom with one strong arm hauling me inside by the waist and a hand was clamped over my mouth. Instinct dictated that I should have been terrified but instead, steely calm ran through me as a very familiar scent permeated my senses…  not to mention that the feel of the equally familiar hard body I was up against had my own reacting in a very womanly manner. I growled in frustration and took a bite out of his palm for good measure and I was rewarded with a low ‘ouch’. My attacker then sighed as he released his hold and he backed off somewhat giving me some space.

“What the hell are you doing, Ethan?” I hissed, staring at his outline in the dimly lit room through my new contact lens. Ever since my old pair of glasses had an accident, I had switched to something that wasn’t going to fall and break. “Are you freaking mad? What if I had started screaming at the top of my lungs or something?”

I felt more than saw him shrug in the dimness. “I needed to see you,” he replied simply. “And besides, I doubt you would have screamed- you would have levelled me in ten seconds and by now, I would have had my face kicked in and a few teeth scattered across the floor if you had felt threatened.”

I shook my head as he was right about that- I would have beaten his daylights out or have died trying to if I weren’t so overly conscious of him. He had imprinted himself on my mind and my body wanted in on things too but I had been working very hard to suppress its urges. “See me? Couldn’t you have done that in the auditorium or somewhere else that has lights and lots of people? By the way, how’d you get in here? The classrooms should be locked…”