Quiet

We boarded the Metro, surrounded by other men, women, and girls, just like us. The nervous excitement flutters into my chest and settles there.

 I couldn't wait. Anticipation nagged at me. I had been looking forward to this since I had heard we were going. I could feel the electricity in the Metro.

Unforgettable.

We finally arrived at the station and my mom and I leaned up against a post to create a sign that read. We began to walk with the crowd. My heart was pounding loud enough for the whole state to hear. My mom and I were looking for friends we knew that were there with us, but there were too many people. It didn't bother me, because the fact that we couldn't find anyone made it obvious the amount of people who were ready to share their voice. We stood together as one body. One soul. One goal within many.

The feeling of hope and peace was strong as we began to march after moving performances and speeches from strong, powerful women including Alicia Keys, Madonna, MILCK (who wrote Quiet, the Women's March "anthem"), and so many others sharing their stories and songs.

Swarms of diverse women, men and children walked together, chanting.

"No fear, no hate, love's what makes America great!"

"Tell me what America looks like! This is what America looks like."

We sang "This land is your land" as we marched to the rhythm of our heartbeats.