I.

Disclaimer: I do not own DBH or the characters mentioned in this book.

Even though I really do.

~~~~

T h i r d  P e r s o n  P . o . V 

"You need a break."

"What!" Connor yelled at his partner, Hank, in rage. "I'm not going anywhere right now, Lieutenant! While there's a case about a psychotic deviant on the loose!" The brunette snapped.

Hank, who looks just as pissed off as Connor, just stared back at him like what he said unfazed him in the slightest. "Look, Connor, I know you've been working your ass off to find this deviant. But you've been doing that for months upon months! You even sometimes sneak into the precinct on the weekends." Hank snapped, slamming his hand down on the desk.

"You need a break, okay?" He added, massaging his temple with his other free hand.

Hank tried to reason with the younger detective, but no matter what he said or WOULD'VE said made to avail whatsoever to calm or reason with him. Connor was about to throw another fact bomb on the Lieutenant until Fowler, who looked REALLY pissed but amused at the same time, came out and glared at the bickering two.

"Connor, get the hell out of my precinct, you heard the man!" Fowler demanded.

"But sir-" Connor tried to inject but Fowler cut him off once more.

"No buts, I want you out of the building in five minutes! Do you understand?" He scolded, watching Connor hesitate but move to clean up his desk, but at a snail's pace. "Hurry up, detective! Four minutes remaining on the clock." Fowler sneered at him, leaning against the rail.

Connor sped up his pace as he felt unwanted eyes boring into him. After completing his small side mission, he glared at Hank and Fowler whom both shared a smug look, before making his way out of the precinct. Muttering something under his breath about the two and something about revenge.

That's what they will earn by the end of this leave.

Revenge...

~~~~

A/n ~ 

Sorry that this is so short, sporting at 310 words. But this is just a prologue, the next chapters will be hopefully longer than this! 

Word count: 310

~ Scout signing out!