✉✉Grandpas Letter ✉✉

2045.

Dear Y/N,

                                              I know, you may be shocked to receive this letter as for where you live, there is no such thing exists. I'm on my death bed and till you receive this I may be long gone. You are a mature person now. I can see you from up there. You have given me many gifts and the best one was to be called grandpa. Now it's my time to give you a gift of my memories of living on that unseen beautiful earth.

                                              You don't know what oceans are and how can you know, when you have not seen any. There are only lands filled with plastic where its impossible for plants to grow. But I was lucky to see and to be able to feel that magical world beneath oceans.

                                               I still remember the walks with my dad at the lake near my house. But living by the oceans has been my dream since childhood. The day came, I was appointed as a marine biologist. It was spring, I got a chance to dive into the tropical oceans. The feel to plunge into warm, crystal clear water never left me. Still, when I close my eyes, I can see myself swimming with the dolphins, playing with the fins of fishes, eating the alga as it and talking to manta rays. It's a different thing that they didn't understand me.

                                                  I should tell you that it was a completely different world in there. It had some kind of magic that doesn't let you leave it and even when you try to do so, you'll come back again there. It was not so long when humans started dumping plastic there, thinking it will never fill. But their thinking proved wrong. The plastic invented in 1907 as a blessing for humans turned into a curse. It was the reason for the death of animals once lived in the oceans.

                                                     The site of seeing their dead bodies had never left me. I lived my life to stay near or in that mystical world. I still remember the turtles crawling on beaches with plastic bags or rings around their necks, The corps of whales which were stuffed with the plastic dumped in the oceans, the death of pups because of the plastic. the crystal clear water turned into black one and till we realised the emergency it was too late. The oceans got contaminated and soon they disappeared.

                                                      Now only their corps can be seen in the form of dark, dirty cisterna. But why am I saying all this to you is because you can change this world. There are endless possibilities to do so. You can bring back that mystical and magical world once called oceans. I believe in you. You are the one who can pass this beautiful gift of oceans to your children.

                                                      Let your children see what it is like to breathe that salty, humid air and to play with waves.

Lots of love.............your grandpa.