Love Letter

Ever had a moment where everything just snaps into place? Where you were confused for so long and for some odd reason or another something insignificant just makes all the puzzle pieces fit together?

Lexa's angry note taking stopped in the middle of a cursive e as everything just snapped together. Her body ran cold and her hearing disappeared. Her head felt light and she felt like jumping up and screaming.

She can hear her breathing now and everything seems to either stand still or move slowly. Her eyes look to the annoying y/h/c to her side. She was chewing on a pencil as her pen was scribbling down notes.

Y/f/n, the girl she for some reason couldn't shake. Every year since middle school she and the y/h/c shared seats. All their assignments were with one another. Anything to do with school they were forced to work together or be next to the other.

Y/n stops her scribbling and gives Lexa a side glance as she raises an eyebrow. She takes the pencil out her mouth, it's slightly wet from her chewing, but that was Lexa's fault. The brunette forced her to keep silent by making her keep something in her mouth. Not her fault she loved to talk to herself while concentrating. She needed expert opinions!

"The fuck you looking at?" Y/n whispers and Lexa pulls her face. She could do without the cursing. She wanted the girl to just go back to minding her own business while she tested her theory.

"Not looking at you, I'm thinking, you happen to be in my way," Lexa grumbles and continues her note taking. She could feel her leg starting to bounce and she knows Y/n is going to have something to say about that.

Over the years they have come to compromise the others behaviours. Y/n will keep silent if Lexa sat still. They would work together professionally and use minimal words if any at all. Y/n would do the talking and Lexa would do the research. Things were fine for the most part, but they did argue at least once a week.

Neither would admit that they actually enjoyed the banter. It was refreshing to actually have a deep meaningful conversation even if it was screaming most of the time.

In the start when they were still too polite to yell at one another about the things that annoyed them they did small things to make the other stop. Lexa started carrying candy with her that she would offer the y/h/c when she started talking too much and if Lexa was fidgeting or her leg was bouncing Y/n would gently place her hand on the fidgeting part.

They only started actively growling at the other after once particular summer break in which puberty struck them hard and both were hormonal at the time. They had a love hate relationship. Out of habit Lexa still brings candy when they do projects and Y/n would still place her hand on Lexa's bouncing leg. Though it would be tighter and she could feel her nails dig into her sometimes.

"Lexa, Y/n, dears please keep the chatting to outside of class," their teacher said smiling and Lexa noticed that twinkle in her eyes she saw earlier that period when they were told about their next assignment.

Lexa bites her lip and scrawls something on a piece of paper before sliding it to Y/n. The girl frowns and reads it.

Have you realized that Miss White never scolds us when we talk?

Y/n's leg bounced slightly as she waited for a reply.

Now that you mention it, she's never mean to us.

She's not the first teacher to be nice to us when we talk to each other. I mean when you talk to your Blake friend, you get scolded immediately.

She has a name and it's Octavia, but yea that is weird.

I was talking about Bellmont, but ok. Yes, it is really weird.