2006

+ i didn't really proofread this shit so please don't judge ily pls enjoy

it was the night of december 17th, 2006, when he sat on a boat dock, staring into the quiet, glowing night in front of him. the lake was gorgeous. the moon glistened in the abyss of the night sky. its light trickled down their atmosphere, and reflected perfectly off of the partially still, dark, crystal waters that two, deeply-in-love, teens were surrounded by. though, one of them was falling out.

it was the night of december 17th, 2006. taylor york, a hopeless boy, sat cross-legged on the run-down wooden planks. gabriella dipace, a hopeful girl the boy had loved dearly for years, sprung across taylor's lap, as he kept running his fingers tenderly through the locks of her hair. he was trying to comfort her, as she was crying over a reason he did not know. he tried blasting her top favourite songs in the car. he tried treating her at her most favourite diners by far. he tried giving her space, but only ended up in him getting overly worried and running the whole mile from his house to hers when she didn't answer his calls.

now, they sat in the quiet. taylor tried humming a song gabriella started liking recently, but forgot how it went halfway through, so he gave up. the only sounds left were her silent weeps, and the deafening, yet comforting, chirps of crickets. taylor despised his girlfriend's sudden lack of communication. she would sometimes talk to her friends, but not him. all month long, he had been anticipating an answer from her, and finally, he was going to receive it.

the girl shifted a bit, changing her position so that she was facing taylor directly. his heart was beating vigorously inside; it felt as if he was running a dozen miles per minute and the sensitive organ was just struggling to burst out of his chest to rest. it was then shut down completely. his heart stopped. he wasn't running anymore. there were no more miles to run. he had tipped himself straight off the edge of a cliff he didn't even know was there, and was now falling. falling straight to his death. or so he felt. she was turned away now, her fingers fidgeting, and eyes burning.

"i'm so sorry, taylor. i-it wasn't my decision to move. my mom she— i wish we could stay, i really do, but—"

"but, what about our promise?" his voice cracked. "w-we promised to never leave each other, ever. remember?" he asked, seemingly still living in the innocent, naive brain of the eleven-year-old he used to be five years ago. the girl winced at his comment, almost sympathetically.

it was night.

"taylor. we made that promise when we were in.. what? fourth grade? fifth grade? taylor, we were kids. we had no idea."

it was the night of december 17th, 2006.

"you were the one who said that a promise is a promise. when my parents wanted to move, i begged them for months to let us stay where we were, and we did. i didn't tell them why i wanted to stay, because this town, as we all know, is shit. but, i begged them anyway, because we made a promise."

"some promises, some people can only keep for so long..." she sighed.

some promises, some people can only keep for so long.

some promises, people can only keep for so long.

promises people can only keep for so long.

it was the night of december 17th, 2006, when he sat on the boat dock, staring into the quiet, glowing night in front of him. the lake was gorgeous. the moon glistened in the abyss of the night sky. its light trickled down their atmosphere, and reflected perfectly off of the partially still, dark, crystal waters that surrounded two, now-separated, troubled teens. taylor was sitting all alone, now that gabriella dipace, the girl he loved dearly for years, had just indirectly ended things off with him, leaving him, driving away from him, erasing her character permanently from his book. except, she would always be an idea in his head. she was a memory he can never forget.

it was december 17th, 2006. sat on a boat dock. taylor just turned seventeen. quiet, glowing night in front. he decided on something from that day onwards. lake was gorgeous. and it was that,

people can only keep some
promises for so long.

he liked that game.