killer queen

I cleared my throat waiting to go on the stage with the other 4 members of my band. We were preforming tonight in honor of the band Queen. My heart was beating out of my chest.

"Y/N" I felt a hand on my shoulder. "you alright" I looked over to find Ashton with his drumsticks in his other hand.

"yeah, fine but just nervous" I said looking back out at the audience. "don't be, we've performed thousands of times. what makes this different" he gave me a soft smile. "the crowd" I said to softly for him to hear.

He walked away and I was just frozen there, with my thoughts. "you guys are on in 5" a voice came through my headset. my breathing slowly picked up. "you're gonna be ok" Michael said wrapping his arms behind me and snuggling his face into the crook of my neck. "ash told me that you needed your best friend" he whispered into my ear.

"I-I didn't—-" He cut me off. "I know, but he felt it" He gave my waist a quick squeeze. "mikey" I breathed out. "hmm?" he hummed against my neck. "i'm scared" I whispered. he turned me around.

"you have no need to be. you're gonna go up there with your best mates and fuck this shit up ok? we've got this" I smiled at him

"you're right" I said hugging him. "aren't I always" he winked and gave my butt a smack as he walked away.

That's when the lights went out, signaling that is was the time for me to get into place on stage. I quietly sighed so the mics wouldn't pick it up. the crowd was dead silent. you could hear a pin drop.

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind

Luke sang into the mic. His voice echoing throughout the arena as the lights were still down.

Michael struck his guitar and the lights came on. The crowd started to go wild as a familiar song hit their ears.

She keeps Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

I started snapping my fingers into the mic in front of me. The bending of my knee going to the beat of calums bass.

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

my snapping slowed as Luke came off of the verse.

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind

I grabbed the mic off of the stand and sang into it. The crowd was singing along as I banged my head to the music. I turned and looked at ashton who winked at me and continued to play.

the beat bumped through my body as I sang with my 4 best friends to a song that we have all been in love with for a long time.

"Why don't we end this thing with a bang" I though as Michael finished his guitar solo.

Drop of a hat she's as willing as
Playful as a pussy cat
Then momentarily out of action
Temporarily out of gas
To absolutely drive you wild, wild
She's all out to get you

Lukes voice sounded beautiful as Me, Calum, Ashton and Michael sand the layering of oos underneath it.

I then walked over to calum with my mic in hand. I ran my hand down his chest, he raised his eyebrows at me and bit his lip. my lips going dangerously close to kissing his neck.