Chapter 1 - In which Ace is an asshat

Word count : 1332 words

**************

"So kids, that is why sex ed is one of the most important classes in every single school!" Mr Harvey said dramatically.

I rolled my eyes discreetly and then scanned the room for annoyed faces but the students were either sleeping, making out or gaping at the very graphic and realistic diagram of a male and female's reproductive system which was hung up as large as life in the front of the classroom.

I sighed.

Typical high school behavior. Just then the bell rang signaling hell was over and it was time for lunch break. I took a deep breath. School just got on my nerves so much, didn't it.

"Of course it does hon. You're a loser, remember?" my idiotic self conscious said.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes into the back of my head and curse my conscious out loud in public because I'd look like an even bigger idiot.

I grabbed my books and squeezed out of the classroom. Students were congregating at the doorway of the stuffy classroom which made me wonder why they didn't want to escape sex ed.

It was literally the worst class ever and it was the only class which I didn't and couldn't score an 'A' grade in.

Yes, I'm one of those kids.

The nerdy one who has friends who are even bigger nerds and together we could start a nerd army and take on the popular cliques at all high schools ripping them and their fake hair pieces apart part by part.

"Okay, you went a bit too far there, dear" my self conscious said and I swear I could hear her cringe.

I myself cringed at what I had thought because let me just be honest here, I can't even look at a paper cut without feeling like fainting.

I doubt that I would be able to kill someone when I was having trouble killing an ant.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I hadn't even noticed the very big wall in front of me which I accidentally crashed into.

"Ouch! What the-" I stopped mid sentence when I looked up at the huge, bulky "wall" that I had accidentally crashed into.

I almost died when I found out that the huge wall wasn't actually a wall.

It was none other than Ace Blackwell. I gulped as he glared down at me. Only then did I notice that I had both of my palms pressed against his chest.

I instantly dropped both of my hands down to my sides and jumped back as if he suddenly became extremely hot.

"It's not like he wasn't already extremely hot you idiot" my stupid self conscious said in a snarky tone.

I wanted to punch myself so badly.

"Watch where you're going next time, loser!" Ace snarled.

Then he walked past me purposely knocking my shoulder which knocked the wind out of my lungs and lose my balance, colliding with the floor.

Even though he didn't mean to knock me over, he didn't even bother to apologize. He just carried on walking without sparing me a second glance.

I was fuming.

I had to control myself before I went ballistic and gave him a big piece of my mind.

I was just about to get up when someone rushed to my side and grasped my hand.