Chapter 1: Forest Fire

Smoke rose from the forest. Helicopters of the fire and rescue departments rushed to the scene to put out the fire. One of the helicopters was know as the "White Hawk" because it was a completely white helicopter with a hawk painted on it's sides.

"Captain, sectors one and three are clear," said the pilot.
"Head for sector two. I can see a cabin by the lake," said Balion while looking through his binoculars, "There is at least six people on the shore of the lake. Head for the shallow part near the house."
"Right away sir," said the pilot as he brought it closer to the water.

The pilot made the helicopter hover over the shallow part of the lake and Balion opened the door of the helicopter. 

"Alice, Mike! Make room for them so we can take all of them to safety," Balion jumped out and signaled them to come closer and he managed to recognize one of them. 

"Tobey what are you doing here?" "We just came for a swim and the forest started burning moments later."

"It's okay, head for the helicopter," ordered Balion.

"I think I saw kids near!" Tobey pointed towards the mountain, "They were checking something on the other side when the fire started."

"I'll go there, you get inside!" Balion grabbed his radio, "Hopkins, I'm going to check sector four. Tobey said he saw some kids there so I'll take a look. You take these teenagers to safety." 

"Copy that sir. Be careful," he said as he lifted the helicopter out of there.

Balion ran quickly to find the kids. He heard cries for help and ran to an abandoned mine shaft that had bee blocked by the wooden support beam and some rocks. "Why is there a mine shaft here?" he thought to himself as he took out the rocks, "Don't worry, stay calm. I'm here to help," He looked at the support beam and prepared to lift it, "I'm going to lift this thing. When I do please come out one by one," He gathered his strength and lifted the support beam over his head. A piece of metal got loose and made a cut on his face that began to close and heal quickly.

"Four, five, six," he counted them as they all left the mine shaft. 

"Help me!" -a voice echoed from inside the mine shaft. 

As another helicopter arrived Balion instructed them what to do. "You go for the helicopter, I'll rescue the one that's left." 

"Wait!" yelled one of the kids as Balion let the beam fall and  ran inside looking for the kid.

"Help me please!" Balion could hear the voice even closer and saw a light coming from one of the tunnels. "Hello? Anybody here?" Balion moved inside and saw a red crystal floating from which the voice was coming, "What is this?"

He reached out carefully and touched the crystal which began to glow even brighter.

Suddenly the crystal transported Balion to a stone bridge that seemed to be in the middle of space. He could see stars and galaxies everywhere, Balion was amazed by this beautiful sight and saw a door that looked like a keyhole shining with bright light. He crossed the door not knowing what was on the other side, and found himself inside of what it seemed to be a medieval style castle.

At the end of the room there was an old Asian man sitting on a very elegant stone throne. "Welcome Balion, I've been expecting you."