The story of him.

It's almost been a year since I told him. It's almost been 7 months since I've seen him, but I can't help but think of him every week I don't see him.

Why doesn't the guy I like think about me the same way I think about him? We weren't in a love triangle. It should be easier now; I don't know what's standing in the way.

I'm the girl that's like any other teenage girl, so why don't I have a guy?

I'm I just too normal?

Hi. I'm the girl of his dreams, and this is my almost love story.

You know those crushes that seem like small ones, but over time progress into something special, so you get butterflies about the person even though your not with him? Well, this is the story of mine.

We met in the 7th grade at swim practice, but we didn't really talk much. We would tell each other good luck before our events, so we didn't know each other well. He seemed like one of the small crushes any other 12 year old girl would have. He seemed kind, caring, and gentle.

During the 8th grade, we saw less of each other during swim, which made me want to see him more. I started to see he meant more to me.

In the 9th grade, my younger friend became friends with him, and she seemed to like him too. He and I still saw less of each other that year, but we still told each other good luck.

The interaction we had in the 10th grade was the same as the 9th, but my friend got to have a little more time with him than I had before. Although, it was the first time he and I had been in a normal setting.

9 months go by. It was our Junior year of high school, and to my surprise, he changed schools. I'd got to see him more, but my friend did too. The first day of school, he sat with me at the cafeteria table, mainly because he didn't see anyone else he know. We talked, but I can feel myself not keep eye contact with him. He sat by me more days, and on the days he didn't I realized I was disappointed.

During the first month of school, I could tell he was happy at school, but he seemed to like other girls, including my friend. As the 11th grader I was, I started to 2nd guess if he were flirting with girls or just being the good guy he had always been.

In English, he seemed to talk to me every chance he could get, he even walked to that class with me. I didn't see him do that with other girls. When we had to go to the library to work of computers, he sat next to me, he discussed silly and different music with me, he wanted me to listen to his favorite song, and talked to me when the teacher told us to be quiet. During one of our times to go to the library, he asked, "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" In my head, I was thinking "Did he REALLY just ask me that?"

I tried to not show that he almost made me have a stoke and said, "Um no."

Then he really surprised me by asking, "Do you have a crush on someone?"

I blushed as my eyes darted around, and I said, "Well yea." I hoped he wouldn't realize I like him because my friend liked him, and I didn't want to interfere. But why was he so curious?

When he asked me who, I avoided the question. I never gave an answer. I secretly hoped he could see through the wall I was putting up.

Months went by, and most days I saw him in the morning. When I saw him in the corner of my eye going to our English class, I waited until he saw me to walk to class with me. I didn't want to be in a love triangle or hurt someone I cared about, but I couldn't help but hope he would force me to change my mind.

One day in English, a substitute teacher let everyone sit where they wanted to because we were watching movies. I wanted to sit by him, as the movie started I see him move into the empty seat next to me. He could have stayed by his guy friends, but he wanted to sit next to me. I was nervous, so I didn't completely turn towards him. He still made conversation though, and he asked me for my number with a little hesitation. He said it was because my number was the only one he didn't have from the people on the swim team.