Summary and Prologue

"And don't you dare say we can just be friends, I'm not some boy that you can sway. We knew it'd happen eventually." - If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember

Summary: When Jeremy goes through a tough break up, his happiness slowly starts to fade away over time. Being on a tour while feeling miserable is never a good feeling, but he has to put up with it. During the tour, Jeremy and Vic become closer and closer to each other. Eventually, things between them get a bit serious....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue.

Break ups suck. Everyone knows that. Jeremy, however, understood that fact better than anyone right now. They had been together for a little over two years when his most recent ex-girlfriend, Morgan, decided that she wanted to end the relationship. Of course, Jeremy was devastated over his whole situation.

The band couldn't even do much to help him. By now, everyone except Jeremy's fellow band mate and roommate, Josh, couldn't do a single thing to cheer him up. Neil figured it would be best to let it die down on its own, and the other guys agreed. Josh didn't feel the same about it. He was around Jeremy for a good amount of time each and every day, whether they were on tour, at home, or wherever. He could tell that his best friend wasn't handling it easily.

Even so, it's been a month since the break up. Jeremy wasn't feeling as bad as when it first happened, but even just any reminder of it made him feel pretty depressed. He knew that he had to just get over it soon, mostly due to the fact that the band would be on tour again by the following week. Being miserable over stupid things like that while on tour was never good. Instead of focusing on Morgan, he chose to think about the positive things to come.

The "Halos for Heroes" Tour was starting in seven days. It was going to be a tour in two legs (North America and Europe) in which A Day To Remember would be headlining while Pierce The Veil and All Time Low, both of which were bands that Jeremy got along pretty well with, would be the support. The three bands got along pretty well, and were all very good friends. Even though they'd been on many tours together before, they didn't mind having another together, simply because of their friendship and their similar fanbases.

Josh knocked on Jeremy's bedroom door as he was finishing up packing. "Come in." He called, signaling for the bassist to open the door. As the door opened, he folded another shirt and set it in his suitcase, taking a step back before turning to face the other man.

"You almost ready to go? We have to get down to the airport soon." Josh asked, being pretty eager to head out. Jeremy nodded, giving his best friend a small smile.

"Yeah, I just finished packing.  Let's get everything out to the car." He replied, turning around to pick up his suitcase. Josh placed a hand on Jeremy's shoulder gently, which caused the vocalist to stop momentarily in his tracks.

"Look, I just want to let you know that if you need anything at all, during these next months, I'm here for you. I want you to be able to actually enjoy this tour, alright?" Josh informed, offering a genuine smile. Jeremy looked back over at him before spinning around and giving him a short hug.

"Thanks man, you're a great friend." He said softly before moving back, actually lifting up his suitcase this time. "Well, let's head out then!" With that, the two headed out of the room together, excited to get on with things already.