Chapter one

I hate him! He is a no good hair chopping piece of shit! I have ever met someone so inconsiderate and selfish! Ok so I'm jumping ahead of the story. It started with April fools and my next door neighbor. His name is Rider. And my best friend. Our moms have been best friends since middle school. So Rider and I have been best friends since birth. And every April fools we pull a bunch of pranks, like toothpaste in our Oreos, paint in the toothpaste, that kind of stuff. But every year it gets more and more intense. Last year he covered every inch of the outside of my house in wrapping paper and covered my lawn in water balloons. But this year, this year!, he went too far. I was sleeping over at his house with a couple of his guy friends and I was the first one to fall asleep. Big mistake. The next day I woke up with the shortest haircut I have ever gotten. My hair used to be down my back. Now? It's like repunzels hair after that Flynn rider dude chopped it off. So it was a pixi haircut. I have brown hair and bright blue eyes. All my hair is gone. Just like that. I get up and walk over to the bathroom so I can take a look at myself. Since my hair is so short my eyes pop out and to be honest, I really liked my new haircut. But still. My hair is gone. And the worst part? It's also my birthday. I walked out of the bathroom and was attacked and then tackled by all the boys. But when they started to get up the last person on top of me was rider. And he had me pinned. He looked at me in shock. But I just looked at him with anger. I shoved him off of me and stood up. It was quiet for a moment and then finally rider spoke up- "What happened to your hair?". Now I was confused. If rider didn't do this then who did? Then I heard snickering behind me. It was James. James is a dick. I turn back to rider and I can feel the tears fill my eyes. I'm wearing sport shorts and riders sweatshirt. So I don't look public ready. But at the moment I didn't care. I walked out of the hallway and grabbed my phone. I could hear footsteps following me so I start jogging. When I reach his front door I hear a loud thunk and I turned around. Rider is standing over James and James's nose is bleeding. Rider looks up and sees me staring. Then he starts walking towards me so I open the door and run out. I hear rider call my name but I just keep on going. I passed my house and started heading for the lake. Rider and I have a special spot where no one can see us. So I go there. I'm sitting on a rock when I hear leaves crunching. I had been crying and I didn't want him to see my face so I pulled the hood on riders sweater up. Rider was standing there looking me over. I have never been so self cautious with rider before. He comes and sits down next to me and pulls me into a hug. We just sit there for awhile when he says- "Now let me see this new style you're going with". I just turn to face him and he slowly pulls the hood down. I look down and he puts his hand under my chin so that we're face to face. And then, he leans in. I've known him for 18 years now and I've never felt like this before.