4.2 | e l e v e n .

TWO SHOTS RANG out in the dimly lit room, and Dean watched silently as the spirit disappeared with a gush of chilled air, leaving his sister to collapse on the ground in a lifeless heap

"Damnit, Makayla."
He surged towards her just as her mouth opened, sucking in an impossibly large breath as a cough threatened to spill from her lips.  She wheezed as her twin knelt down beside her, pulling her into a sitting position as he held her head up in his hands.  Her lips were parted as if she were a fish out of water.  Her cheeks were still tinted purple.

"Talk to me, sweetheart."

She looked into the green of her brother's eyes, her own pair glassy with tears.

"Bobby."
It came out as a hoarse whisper, but Dean got the message.

"Go, Sammy, now!"

Sam raced out of the doorway, his footsteps clomping on the wood floor as Makayla collapsed into another coughing fit, her attempt to speak taking too much out of her.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay, baby, I'm right here."

"Go, Dean."
She sputtered, motioning towards the open door with her head.
"Go help Bobby."

"Yeah, like hell-"

"Dean!"
Her voice rose into a stern, reprimanding shout, and for the first time, the brother noticed just how shaken up she was.

"Alright, alright, I'm going, I'm going..."

He stood dramatically as he made his way over to his sister's duffel bag, reaching into the pocket where she kept her pistol.  He checked to make sure it was fully loaded with rock salt before clicking off the safety.  He reached back down and grabbed the small container of salt as well.

He pressed the gun into the palm of her hand before taking the lid off of the tupperware, pouring a thin circle of salty protection around the girl.

"If that son of a bitch shows up again, you blow his brains out.  Don't listen to whatever bullshit he's putting into your head.  Shoot first, ask questions later.  You hear me?"

"Dean, I-"

"You hear me, Makayla?!"

She swallowed, her eyes not meeting his as she nodded fervently.

"Stay right here.  I'll be back in a sec."

He stood and made his way out the door.

"I'm sorry, Dean."
She called after him, quietly and carefully, but the words made the brother stop in his tracks.
"You were right about everything.  I should've listened to you."

Her voice broke off and he poked his head back in the doorway to find her knees pulled to her chest, tears trailing down her cheeks.

"We can talk about this later, sweetheart.  Just- don't move, okay?"