The Cursed Bar

Horror high looked like it was ready for Halloween. The walls and the ceilings were occupied with stretchable spider webs, plastic bats and goofy ghoul posters. The school was called 'Sheldon High' in the register of education society of the town. But among the students and the town folks it was known as Horror high. There were hardly any people in the town who knew the real name of the school. Even the teachers had started to call it horror high.

It was not that the school was haunted. Horror high was known for its great achievements throughout the whole state over the years. The ambiance was all serene and student friendly in the class rooms as well as the halls. The playground was so well-managed that it beckoned the students to play on it. Unlike any other schools, the toilet walls were not covered with obscenity. The cafeteria was known for its hygienic and delicious food. Overall, the students looked happier than any other regular public school.

Beside the school, just behind the playground there stood an abandoned bar. It was believed that the bar was built during World War-II to entertain the soldiers. The walls had grown cracks, but no one could see anything through them. All that was visible was darkness. The only thing that could be seen was a bottle of rum sitting steadily on the counter. At least that's what people said. The bar looked creepy even in the daylight; unnerving in the dark. Twenty eight years ago on the same day, a teenager named Brandon from Sheldon high intruded the bar. But he never returned. His old man-a mechanic by profession, still lived in the hope that his son will return someday.

After the incidence the school made a couple of attempts to demolish the bar, but all was in vain. Every time it tried, something unusual happened. During the first attempt, bulldozer stopped working as soon as it came near the bar. In the second attempt, the driver and his co-worker had a heart attack at the same time. The third attempt was never made by the school. At last, the school circled the bar with 12 feet high concrete walls and hung 'Do not enter' signs on all the four sides.

Since then, Sheldon high was known by the name 'Horror high'.

****

"Bet?"

"Alright, bet! I enter the spooky bar and drink that creepy rum and you give me 120 bucks. I can't wait to see my pocket filled with your annual pocket money, mate."

"Don't daydream Jasper! I know you will never come out from that bar and I will hang-out with my girlfriend in your car forever."

"Time will tell everything my friend." Jasper said to Clay with a frown.

****

All the three hands of the clock kissed 1. Halloween had already ended for kids. Almost all the candies were swallowed by them. Those few which were left were carefully hidden under the bed or on the cupboard to be saved for future.

Meanwhile, a hooded figure was trying to climb the 12 feet high barrier of the bar. Unknown of what's going to happen next. It was Jasper. After a few attempts, he was successful in clearing the first obstacle- the wall. He then started examining the old building with his dark eyes covered under his jacket's hood. It was getting cold as the night grew darker. Jasper took a deep breath and moved ahead. Then he suddenly stopped as he heard someone falling behind him with a moan. He turned back with his fingers transformed into a fist.

"I don't know whoever or whatever you are", Jasper said nonchalantly. "But if you take a single step in my direction, you won't be the same whoever or whatever you are."

The figure stood up to its feet without saying a word. Jasper took out his pocket torch and threw light on the figure.

"Mindy, is that you?"