Fight

A/N: I can't believe I'm doing this. I don't own Free!, don't own Blades of Glory, yeahyeahyeah. It's a little rushed but will hopefully get better as it goes on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nanase Haruka, an absolutely exceptional performance as always! I believe the judges will have a hard time finding anything wrong with that!"

Haru had always been good at skating. It was a simple fact. The ice seemed to flow through him and showed through his almost constant icy expression.

"And next up, great competition if I do say so myself, Matsuoka Rin!"

"Are you happy with silver, Nanase?" Rin asked Haru happily, before skating off to get ready.

Matsuoka Rin was the bane of Haru's life. Many people suspected that they were scorned lovers, which was not true at all. He hated Rin, thought he was too cocky, and too focused on winning and not being one with the ice under his feet.

Rin impressed the judges with ease, even managing to call Haru out during his performance. After, he was showered with roses and various items from female (and a few male) fans.

"Matsuoka Rin with another amazing performance, it's going to be tough to beat! Let's see how the pairs skating golden children, Mikoshiba Kou and Seijurrou are doing!"

"Thank you Chip. This medal is gold, but feels lighter than air. We are so happy to be number one yet again!" Kou said, putting on a toothy smile.

"We really wrecked the competition!" Seijurrou said excitedly, earning an elbow in the ribs from Kou and a glare before she returned to the smile.

"Oh! Looks like they're ready to award the skaters! Let's check back!" Chip said, before the camera switched to the one in front of the pedestals.

Haru and Rin both stood in the first place spot. They were glaring at each other, but Rin would deliver grins to the cameras and Haru would look on stone faced, both while holding their medals.

"You're just mad you suck so much shit you couldn't get a clear win." Rin whispered, still grinning.

"You have to share too, dumbass." Haru whispered back.

"Whatever Haru. You spout off all this bullshit about feeling the ice, but I don't really think you can." Rin turned to him, smiling maliciously.

It escalated pretty quickly after that.

Haru threw the first punch, outraged by Rin's accusation, followed quickly by a headbutt from Rin. They both tumbled off the pedestal onto the ice, punching and kicking at each other. They eventually made their way to the torches on one side of the large structure, knocking it onto the mascot, who ran flailing before he collapsed and someone could extinguish the fire.

Both boys realized what had happened and slowly stopped, staring up at the crowd who looked down at them disappointingly. A little girl could be heard crying, clutching a mascot plush, the same one they inadvertently caught on fire, close to her chest.

They looked at each other, faces bloodied, with Rin's hands still locked on Haru's neck in a chokehold (and vice versa) and silently communicated that they were both in deep shit.