Wedding

Scarlet Archer's POV Two weeks later

Two weeks later

It's now finally time for Chloe and Adam's wedding, which I'm not going to.

I don't know why Chloe's still inviting me; I've broken her brother in more pieces than there are stars in our sky.

"Chloe no," I tell her on the phone when she's called for the millionth time, only today.

"Please," she begs. "Not for him, for me."

"Chloe, I played your brother, and yet you're asking me to come?"

I don't know how I can't stand being rude to her. I just can't. If I could, I would've spit out some other things. Ruder. More painful.

"Scarlet I know you care about him, and I know you. Remember, if Avery can see through people's masks, I'm the master of it. Please. Just stay an hour and then leave. I just want to see you there today."

"Why Chloe? Haven't you seen what I've done to him? Besides, I'll ruin his night. This night is more important to him than to me, I don't wanna ruin it for anyone."

"Please Scarlet. Please. Can't you come for me? OK fine, you played him, but don't you remember what you did for me? You went with... with Jackson because of me. Please come. Just for an hour."

I sigh.

"I'll come one hour, and then I'll leave."

"Thank you."

I hang up and throw myself on my bed when I realize I've got another problem as well; What the fuck am I gonna wear?

After half an hour of searching, I find a black, short dress.

Since Universe loves me, I get an appointment at the hair stylist in town to just straighten my hair today, because I'm not exactly in the mood to try to hard, and until then, I decide to find something for her and Adam.

I never thought I'd walk in a mall on my own, but now I do, and after lots of flashbacks when I walk past the café I and River and Sam sat in, our Starbucks corner, Chloe and Adam's favorite ice cream parlor, I find a gift for the both of them; two Rolex watches, the one for Chloe in silver and with diamonds as numbers in the clock, and Adam's in leather, the numbers being black, small lines.

After getting my hair done, I start my drive home, but the peacefulness ends when Chad's name pops up on my phone screen.

"What?" I spit out.