Twilight

There was a quiet around him. The sort that only rested after a battle. Where all was still and the only sounds came from the dead underfoot or the dying. Never the living.

He'd witnessed this scene again and again. An empty field where he had stood so many times, a cold dread resting in his stomach as he searched for the bodies of people he had known. He didn't expect his team to be among them, yet. His boys were among the top of their game.

But Chan still remembered Jaebum's screams after Youngjae disappeared. Screams that still haunted his dreams. He still remembered the way BamBam, as he so chose to be called though gods knew why, held back his leader. The way that the tortured screams of the elder had echoed around them.

Even Felix hadn't slept well after that episode.

He sighed, as he picked his way across the bodies, nodding at one of Jaebum's team (Jackson he thought), as he passed. They were all doing the same ritual as him. Checking for their fallen and loved ones.

"Hyung." A voice cut through his thoughts, crackling over his line, distracting him from his search as he kicked the body of some red-headed male over. Relief filled Chan's veins as the face matched none of the pictures currently shown in his database.

"Hyung." The boy called him again, bringing him back to the present.

"Yes?" He kicked another body, blonde this time. Not quite the same shade, but still enough to make him check.

"Hyung, you need to get back to camp now." Camp. The one place in the world Chan wanted to be less than the bunkers.

"He's right. We need you." Another voice cut in, and the man found himself sighing as he picked his way back across the carnage. He supposed if he had found no bodies of any others yet, then there was a slim chance they were there. He needed a change from the carnage of the previous battle anyway.

He sighed, kicking up a weapon as he passed it and eyed it. Nothing he recognised. He sounded frantic, like there was something wrong, Chan noted to himself as he replayed the data of the call through one of his ear pieces. Hyung, you need to get to camp now, he never says I have to do anything, like that.

He bit his lip, worrying it as he moved. The tone the younger had used worried him for no good reason. It was then it hit him, Jeongin was panicking and that worried him more.

The ten minute run back to base was nerve wracking. He'd abandoned the caution and grace he normally moved with, sprinting until he was there. With the other... Seven? The man quickly counted, reaching his arms for Jeongin, who buried himself into the elder's chest as soon as he could.

The missing member of their group faded from his mind briefly as he took in the shaking boy in his arms. Then at Woojin, who's eyes were downcast, as if he were hiding something. Chan's eyes flicked around the assorted boys in front of him. Taking a roll call in a way.

Woojin, Jeongin, Changbin, Hyunjin, Seungmin, Minho, Jisung... Where's Felix? Chan's eyes widened, and he glanced at Woojin with a question. The elder fidgeted, avoiding his gaze.

"Where's Felix?" He asked quietly, to the entire group. He felt Jeongin's breath shudder, and saw Woojin freeze. He waited, a full minute according to his database, before he continued.

"Well? Is anyone going to tell me where he is?" Chan's voice was quiet as he quickly searched for Felix's contact on his database, and tried to connect a line. He frowned sharply when it failed to connect. He glanced at Woojin again, as he quickly looked down. Frustration began to prickle at him, and he hissed in annoyance.