Just Fine

A, B, C, or D.  Which one is the right one?

As I drag the rectangular shaped answer boxes into the correct corresponding blanks with my mouse, I slowly get closer to the end of my biology homework.

Human biology. 

The Immune System.  The Urinary System.  The Muscular System.  The Skeletal System.  The Endocrine System.  The Nervous System.  The enjoyment of being a pre-nursing major...

Stress is here to pressure me about midterm season.  I don't feel overwhelmed, I don't feel anxious, I'm not cramming all this information the night before, and unlike my test topic, I'm not nervous.

How do I know I'm stressed though?  My face shows it.  Pimples. Stress gives me pimples.

It's weird.  I have my Human Biology midterm tomorrow, my Health Chemistry midterm on Thursday, and my Public Speaking speech and my English essay are both due on Friday.  Why haven't I had a mental breakdown yet? I usually get the breakdown before the clogged pores.

Well, I did start studying last week--watching countless Crash Course videos on YouTube and Chemistry videos from Khan Academy.  So maybe I subconsciously think I know the material enough.

I take a breather.

As I snap out of contemplating my major and career choice, my senses are drawn back in by the sound waves hitting my eardrums.

An upbeat tempo.  A set rhythm.  A lively voice.  A spirit-lifter.  A happy song.

"No time for moping around, are you kidding?
And no time for negative vibes, cause I'm winning
It's been a long week, I put in my hardest..."

Music has a way of speaking to me.  A way of shifting my mood and emotion depending on the tone of the song.  I find the meaning out of songs as if it is my mission on the daily.

As Just Fine reassures me that I may be having a hard week, I continue doing my biology homework knowing that I will be...

Just fine.