⠀⠀𝟯𝟲. ❛ FINE LINE ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 036!

❝ LIED TO ALL OF YOU

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

﹙ MAY 5TH, 2014 

     IT HAD ALL HAPPENED SO SUDDENLY WITH NO FOREWARNING. In hindsight, no one could piece together what exactly happened. Everything had been normal. She seemed perfectly fine and normal that day. Not a comment, expression, behavior, action, or hair had been out of place. There had been no indicator that what happened would've happened.

     Nothing.

     The day had been like any other for whenever the team returned from a case. After landing, SSA Spencer Reid and Caralyn Valentine took the Metro to their usual stop, got off at the station closest to their apartment complex, and stopped by Reid's favorite coffee shop, Petit Café. Each of them paid for their own small cups of black coffee with five-dollar bills, left a tip, and could be seen leaving by the owner.

     From there, the two returned to their complex building laughing at literature puns, tossing their finished coffee in a nearby trash can. It was a simple Friday night. Not a soul was in sight given the time, and everything was serene.

     As they walked, Spencer shared one literature pun after the next. Cara laughed the entire way with a rare, but contagious smile on her face. Every so often, their hands would brush, but neither of them did a thing. They continued on their way into the deep of the night, laughing to themselves.

     Once making their way into their apartment complex, they walked up the stairs slowly, talking in quiet voices. Reid's neighbor, Mrs. Maddox, greeted them with a smile and wave, for she'd just taken out her trash. They smiled and waved back. Then, the conversation came to a pause when they reached Valentine's apartment door.