Fire

That moment I set my house on fire, the flames went far up into the sky. As bright shining stars and the enchanted full moon gazed. Walked to a near by field where many tents laid, as the welcoming people sat around the fires outside their tents.

Groups gulping whisky sat around fires, I downed a lot of my bottle in one. People danced, people chanted and sang. As the Night progressed and the whisky was drank, feathers started to fall around me. As I drifted to sleep the soft sound of a flute being played I heard.

I dreamed of a old man on a pier holding his hands out which was filled with gleaming gold coins, drizzled in blood. To which I eagerly accepted before drinking much rum. Clouds shifted at immense speeds as they covered the sky.

I woke up covered by a warm green blanket, in the dreary overcast weather. There was a river beside me and a tent, although there were many tents on both sides. Hair off a dogs back, taking a swig from a almost empty bottle of rum beside me as I got to my feet. Those awake being given tomato soup for breakfast, the friendly traveler served me a bowl as well.

I sat on the wet grass as I ate my soup, next to a few travelers. I heard a lute being played by a person by one of the tents.