⠀⠀𝟯𝟴. ❛ HANDS OF TIME ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 038!

❝ THE GIRL WHO HAS GONEROGUE

ROGUE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

﹙FEBRUARY 27TH, 2016

     PEOPLE SAY THE PAIN DULLS WITH TIME, AND THINGS WILL GET BETTER. But then again, people say many things, don't they?

     It's interesting, isn't it? How the placid, calm, and resolute souls are always the ones to give the gleaming, universal advice yet hardly ever face that challenging pain they spoke of head-on?

     Perhaps that's because they hadn't truly ever known pain or grief the way others had. The type of pain that mirrored its effects on one's body and mental stability. The type of pain that had been inflicted upon Caralyn Rosan Valentine for nearly two years.

     Twenty-two months. Ninety-five weeks. Six-hundred-and-sixty-nine days. 963,360 minutes. 57,801,600 seconds.

     It may not seem to be much time to some, but to Caral Valentine, it was never-ending. Every second that passed was an infinite span of space and time that only laughed at her. It mocked her and the position she'd been placed in. It made fun of the fact that she would never see the light of day again and would never know how much time had passed. The same also applied to everyone else.

     The concept of time had faded from view ever since that night. Not a soul bothered to track what day it was or what time. All that mattered was that they had her in their clutches. They had her. They owned her. Each day was new, filled with possibilities and endless ways to break her down further. It'd become a game, especially for two individuals in particular.