Mind and Tongue

Reminder to read this work prior in order to have context! https://archiveofourown.org/works/11639394/chapters/26179842

"I hope you are as responsible as you say and you are going to visit me every day."

"You have my word."

"So would you taste my apples?"

• ✼ ━━━━━ ✼ • ✼ ━━━━━ ✼ •

Eyes centering on the velvety fruit, Reficul stood in silence. A fruit created by the Divinity of the world she knew set before her. Its crisp peel highlighted by the luminous sun above. Stem showing the small remainder of the deep green leaf that'd been plucked. Suddenly and swiftly plucked. Expediting it's demise as it fell to the ground, returning to the world it'd once been born of. A small gesture contributing to the poison that had invaded the garden. A leaf, though small, once full of life. Life graciously brought upon by the generous lord of this realm. Life plagued by that of-

"Perhaps apples are not to your taste?"

Darting her focus to that of the voice speaking to her, Reficul regained her composure from that of her trance. She could not let malice blur her vision.

"Anything created by my Lord is precious." She stated sharply.

Withdrawing the hand that held the fruit back to her side, the serpent took a breathe before meeting Reficul's gaze once more.

"I show you generosity and you continue to look upon me as a threat." The devil's soft smile composed across her lips once more. "No matter, we've plenty of time to change that. Do we not?"

Processing what she meant by that, the angel froze as the serpent proceeded.

Biting into the rich succulent of the garden, paying no mind to the sacredness it held. The fruit now presented itself with two sharp teeth marks, as well as a blunt bite where the woman had feasted.

Judging by the devil's response, it was as though she had read Reficul's thoughts. As if they'd been plastered across her face.

"As I said, this Garden is much more mine than that of Elux's now. This garden has not seen her for quite some time. Life continues to proceed witho-"

"We're done here for today."

"I beg your pardon?"

When assigned this task, Reficul knew well of what expect. She may not have calculated the snake like woman or her sweet nature; however, she'd been certain about the duality of the serpent's outlook to her appearance. Lacking respect for God and paying no attention to the results of her actions. Plaguing the sacredness of the scape.

Without a word, the angel headed back to the gates. She'd done her job of getting information and making sure the monster could do no harm. The only harm done was that of its disease in the garden and mind.

"She may not have her powers but she has her mind and tongue."

Elux's words rang in her head as she exited.