⠀⠀𝟯𝟵. ❛ THE SEVEN GATES OF HELL ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 ❜

chapter no. 039!

❝ FROM WHENCE THEY FELL

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

﹙ MARCH 26TH, 2016

     ANOTHER SLEEPLESS WEEKEND HAD COME AND GONE, LEAVING THE DOCTOR WITH CIRCLES DARKER THAN THE COLOR OF HIS MORNING COFFEE AND THE ENERGY LEVEL OF SOMEONE ON THEIR DEATH BED. To shorten it into simpler terms: Spencer Reid looked and felt terrible. Every time he attempted to sleep, it took him endless hours before he passed out and gained only an hour's worth of rest before he was awoken by nightmares and dreams painted with realities he prayed would never come true.

     He was living in his own Hell that had been sculpted by the quintessential hand of the Red Scorpions, or more specifically— its Founding Fathers.

     Every day was a waking nightmare that haunted every corner he turned and every direction he looked. Nothing was the same, and it hadn't been since May second. At least not for Spencer Reid, and the empty desk across from JJ's was his daily reminder of that.

     Abandoning his bag, the brown-haired man sat in his chair and stared blankly at the pile of files and paperwork awaiting him. Ordinarily, he enjoyed going through the paperwork and spending his time reading through each file, but not today. Something about today was different. Spencer didn't know what made it feel that way— he just knew.

     Perhaps it was because the team was still adjusting to Derek Morgan's absence, and Spencer no longer had one of his best friends working beside him. Or maybe it was because the lack of sleep had finally begun to take a toll on him.