Fear (Day 1 - vulnerability)

Day 1 - Vulnerability / Team work

Rating: T (language, some canon-typical violence)

Summary: Each person is afraid of something. There is that kind of fear that take away all of your will, leaving you helpless. Or so they say. Zoro don't know what he maybe afraid of.

Author's note: English isn't my first language and I'm not very good at it so there may be lot of mistakes. If you see any, please let me know so I could change it and not do it in the future. Also, I have no idea how dots and comas work in english, so they may be in strange places... Anyway, have a nice day :)

Everybody is afraid of something. Everybody has something that, when facing it, makes him weak and too scared to do anything. Just not everyone shows it to others. And in Straw Hat crew most people like to keep their secrets to themselves. Especially ones which could lead to their defeat.

Zoro wasn't sure what scared him the most. It wasn't like he spend hours thinking about that, but after Robin mentioned something like that, he couldn't resist to wonder. What was the thing that even thinking about it made him nervous? He never really faced situation when he was so scared he couldn't do nothing to defend himself. He was proud warrior, there wasn't much that could make him vulnerable. But then he remembered one situation when he couldn't move. He didn't think about it too much earlier, because the following actions were the ones which keep replaying in green haired head, but he still could feel the feeling of weakness and fear.

When Kuina beated him, holding real sword which could easily kill him, he frozed. He did nothing to fight back, to run away, to stop her. He just stood there, watching helplessly what girl would do. Just when she lowered her blade, he was back to himself. And then they made their promise, which he remembered so clearly.

Was he scared of being defeated? No, when he lost to Mihawk, he wasn't scared. He was ready to face whatever fate had for him. But if it wasn't that, then what?

„Keep moving, Marimo, or I'll leave you here!" Sanji's annoyed voice made him realize he was standing and staring at sky. He was supposed to follow Cook to the city.

„Who would carry all your bags then?" Zoro rolled his eyes but moved and started walking in the direction where town should be.

„I'll feed you to tigers and then use them. They should be more useful than you." Cook smiled around his ciggarete.

„Sure, but you'd have to beat me first. And that never gonna happen. You are too weak, shitty cook."

„Oh, you sure you want to test your theory, moss head?"

They glared at each other and were about to start yet another fight, when they both frozed and start looking around.

„You felt that too, didn't you?" asked Sanji, trying to locate source of the feeling of being watched.

„Yeah, we aren't alone anymore," agreed swordsman.

Nami warned them those woods were home for some kind of „wild people" who apparently didn't like having guests. They couldn't dock at the port thought, because there was marine base nearby so she just send two of the strongest people hoping they would be able to manage that. It looked like they were about to find out.

„Watch out!" yelled Zoro, before they both ducked. In tree behind them was some kind of dart embed into tree.

„That was close," huffed Sanji, getting up and dusting off his clothes. „Oi, stop hiding and come here!"