END OF THE WORLD

I have been surfing ever since I was born.

The Ocean means everything to me. The crystal blue water, the sand, the marine life. Everyday, I would wake up just to set foot in the ocean, to feel the cold water and enjoy nature.
But now, as I watch the ocean, my heart breaks. A lone tear roll down my cheek, as I watch the sight in front of me.

The crystal blue water is now; a more dirty brown, fill with plastic bottles and bags. The beach is filled with plastics, dead marine animals and human bodies. Birds barely flying; plastic bags stuck in their feet.

Sharks lying on the beach, their jaws wide open, showing the cause of their death; plastic bags. Humans gasping for air, their body slightly trembling as they die.
Another cause of their deaths, a drop in food chain. Not only the fish are eating plastic, but we are too. The fish that humans are eating has already eaten plastic before. 

Fish has already gone extinct. Along with other marine animals. Next, is humanity. Until nothing is left.

Not only marine animals are going extinct due to plastics but animals on land too. All animals are eating plastic, both domestic and wild animals. Animals that eat fish are dying due to plastic and infections in their body.  And we, humans, eat all these animals; both marine and animals on land.

I watch as a turtle crawl on the sand, a plastic bag stuck in his mouth and a plastic straw in his nose. It is painful to watch, knowing that this has been caused by humans. Another tear rolled, again and again, until I start sobbing.
My throat ache; begging for water. I can barely move and talk, let alone make a sound. I can only move my head.

It has been one day. One day without eating, drinking and moving.

One day, since I have been laying on my broken surfboard; with a bloodied body and only one leg. I thought, maybe there are still marine animals that can be eaten but, I was attacked by a shark, leaving me with one leg. I was just another source of food for the shark. And just like me, it was too. 

I managed to save myself from the shark. But not from the disaster caused by humans.

My mother died two days ago, due to starvation. She was pregnant and had nothing to eat.
The rest of my family ? We got lost when the fight for food started.
No animals on land or vegetables, every animal has gone extinct. Humans are still fighting for food, the raw battle in every person's house. The fight for survival.

The food chain has dropped, because of plastics. Leading to extinction.

I gasp as the pain in my half-eaten leg increase. Another lone tear escape. 

My time has finally come. I imagine the once crystal blue water, white sand and marine life; before closing my eyes.