That one day...

"Bella, you want to come with daddy to see the sea turtles?" My daddy who sits, colouring with me asks. I was drawing a pretty purple and pink butterfly fish with blue dots.

Pointing to the picture my daddy was drawing I asked, "Like the one on your paper daddy?"

"Yeah," he replies as he gives me his drawing.

Running into the kitchen with both papers in hand, I tug on my mummy's dress. "Mummy can you put these on the fridge for me please?" I ask her.

"Of course I can," My mummy says, just as my daddy comes into the kitchen as well.

I give my mummy the drawings to put on the fridge with the other pictures. "Your butterfly fish looks so beautiful!" My mummy said.

"Bella, do you remember the last time we went to the beach at nighttime?" My daddy asks me.

Nodding I reply, "Yes daddy, we saw soooo many baby turtles!" Remembering the sight made me giddy as I jump all around the kitchen.

"There are gonna to be big turtles tonight, do you want to go see?" He asks me.

Running to my room I yell back, "Yes please!"

I quickly pull out my favourite turtle shirt. Putting it on I run back out and into my daddy's arms. Lifting me up he says, "Geez, you got ready quickly."

"Let's go!" I hurry him.

Laughing, he says, "Say bye to mummy, Bella."

"Bye bye mummy!"

My daddy carries me outside and down the hill all the way to the beach. The sun was going down and the sky was pink and orange. The sunset was so pretty that I couldn't wait to see what the big turtles would look like.

"Tonight there are going to be mummy turtles and they're going to lay eggs on the beach." My daddy asks, "Do you remember what turtle eggs look like?"

I nodded my head, "Many many white ones that are in the sand."

Smiling, my daddy says, "That's right."

I saw people all over the beach, without another second I struggled in my daddy's arms before he let me down on the ground. I run towards the people while I heard my daddy shout, "Stay where I can see you Bella!"

I run down, squishing between people I try to go to the front to see what the mommy turtles look like. When I get to the front there are people pushing me back but between them I see big turtles and lots of white eggs everywhere on the beach. But the eggs are broken, and none of the turtles are moving. Why is there so much rubbish on the beach? All of the eggs and turtles have rubbish around them everywhere. Plastic bottles. Plastic bags. Rubbish.

I turn around to find daddy lifting me up into his arms. "Daddy, what's wrong? Why aren't the turtles moving?" I ask.

From somewhere behind me I hear someone talking, "They washed up last night..."