ocean

Daddy! Daddy! - No answer-DADDY!What Anarhita?!?!I want to see the Ocean

Daddy! Daddy!
- No answer-
DADDY!
What Anarhita?!?!
I want to see the Ocean.
Yeah ..ok ... We'll go later hold on. I have to finish this report for work.
That's all you do daddy work, work, work, WORK! And we never do anything together.
Yeah...ok
-night falls-
Anahita sits on her bed and cries. She cries to see the Ocean which she reads about, cries for being alone and failed. Little did she know that on the other side of her door was her father. He listened, cried harder. This is all he Could because he had failed. But at that moment he promised. He would take his little girl to the ocean.
·····················
Come baby girl. We have to hurry up. We are going to see the Ocean.
Ocean! Really?
Yes but if you keep walking so slow we'll never make it
Sorry...are you sure
Yes.
Are you sure ...are you feeling ok daddy?
Yes....would you look at that ..there's the Ocean.
What? The ocean is in there? It's in a building?
No honey
Its a 4D video in the big building
What? BBBut the book said...
Honey you need to get your nose out of books and walk into the real world. There hasn't been an ocean For over 300 years.
What? Why?
Honey stop asking questions. We have to hurry or else we are going to miss the show.
······················
Wow...look daddy it's a stingray, blue whale, a clown fish, that a killer whale! Oh my god, there's a person driving with sting ray but something doesn't look right.. Look, dad. Anahita pointed to a bag.
Yeah....no!I need the reports done today so I give them to Mr.Hendrix.NOW!...sorry honey what were you saying.
Nothing daddy.
Ok.
Dad that was the best thing ever!
Yes, it was Junebug. Now let's hurry up to go home before it gets dark.
················
Dad, why doesn't it rain?
Because it just doesn't.
Dad, why doesn't it snow?
Because it just doesn't.
Dad, why don't I feel the wind?
Because you don't need to.
Daddy why can't we go to the real ocean?
-Dad sat down on the bench-
Well, you see when your grandfather was a little boy his generation and the ones before him didn't care. They didn't care about there action. the action of using single-use plastic or making single-use plastic. They didn't care about the water bottle is the sea. Fish with plastic taking their last breath.
Why? Why didn't they care? Couldn't they see?
I don't know. And I don't care Anahita. I don't care about the past. We need to worry about now and the future!
Future?
Yes, the future, which is business.
······················
Later that night Anahita laid in bed. Business ...her father cared about business. she cried. She cries for the plastic that fell into the sea, for the children who couldn't enjoy the Ocean, for the life that ended. She yearned to spend a day at the Ocean.

 She yearned to spend a day at the Ocean