Alejandro & Roseanna

Roseanna was packing clothes when her mom came in her room.

" Honey, are you packing your things ? Do you need help ? " she asked.

" No, mom. I'm alright. "

" Are you nervous about tomorrow ? "

" Yes a little. "

" It has been a long time huh ? "

Roseanna just sight, her mom holds her hand

" You know you don't have to do this, right ? If you don't want to go, don't feel pressured. "

" No, I want to go. This time I'll go. In three days will be the 10th anniversary of dad. This time I'll be there " said Roseanna while she started crying and they both hugged each other in tears.

In the morning Roseanna headed to the airport, Mystic CT is her destination.

When she arrived there she gave the taxi driver the address and went to her family's house.

With her bag on the ground she stayed for a while in front of the house gates.

Why do I feel like this was a bad idea ?

What am I gonna say to them ?

Will they welcome me coming here after 10 years ?

What if they say bad things to me because I didn't come earlier ?

I'm not ready to face them.

She carried the heavy bag and walked around the city. It was around 3pm, it was really hot and she was sweating a lot. She let the bag on the ground and was looking the River.

" Dad, does the Mermaids exist ? "

" Yes, they exist. "

" Really ? Have you seen one ? Are they beautiful? "

" Yes, she's standing beside my right now, and she's really beautiful."

She got this memory when she was with her father to see the river when she was a little.

This is the only memory I can think of you dad. For a moment, I'm forgetting everything and pretending like I'm that 7year daughter hugging you here in this spot. At that time I was enjoying this beautiful view with you, now this beautiful view gives me pain. Even the air here is nostalgic.

It was getting darker and she took a heavy breath and slowly headed to the house. Then someone saw her carrying the bag and walked near her.

" Do you need help ? It seems like it's heavy " said a young guy.

" No, I'm.... " she turns her head and she is enchanted by his face.

What am I seeing ? He looks like a prince. His face looks a little familiar but... Come on girl, where do you think you would see him ? There is no way you saw him before. His brown eyes, and his full lips, thick eyebrows and...

" Let me carry this for you " he said and took her bag.

" I can carry that myself. "

" Which way are you going ? "

" Right. "

" I'm going that way too. I have never seen a beautiful girl like you here ? Did you just move here ? What is your name ? "

" I came in my hometown after 10 years. My name is Roseanna. "

" Rosanna ? Rosanna Mark ? "

" How do you know my last name ? "