Modern Love

Once upon a time, in a small city called Torrance, lived Nora. Wait, wait, wait! This isn't some fake story we're talkin' about. This is my life, and this is how we're gonna tell it.

A girl about 5'3 and in 9th grade. She had fallen in love with a gorgeous person who changed her world. Nora had only known about the real world- or at least the world everyone lived in. Everything she ever knew about was online. It was all about the latest trends and what tea there is to spill about something.

There's something else everyone knows, but never talks about. It's the thing that happens to everyone... Sorry, but it's NSFW so I can't say it! And that's the world Nora knew. She was the girl who wanted to be a cop, hunting the bad and taking them down. She always hears about the horrible things he's done and the horrendous things she's said. But not once did she see any of it. She helped the weary when they broke down. Ignoring the growing burden on her shoulders because she believed in justice and kindness.

There had to come a day where it finally her. Bad enough to where she couldn't stop her emotions from coming out of her. Luckily, for her, she had someone that she never imagined would be there the most. It was someone she had only known for a year and even held a grudge against before they met face to face. Actually... The problem that sent her over the edge was that person. She yearned for them deeply.

The rainy loomed on her shoulders, phone ringing in her pocket. She leaned on her knees. The umbrella fell suddenly as the rain concluded and clouds passed the night sky. Her eyes became dull and lifeless. Thoughts overflowed in her mind like a dam. The only life in her body you could see were her tears softly falling down her cheeks. There was nothing she could do but sit there and just whither in the moment.

Talk and talk was all she did was for the next day, until she hit her limit. Her friend asks her, "So do you like them?" And really... She couldn't deny it and spilled her guts. As soon as she says, "Yea." Her friend goes to tell them. Honestly! As soon as she said it too. Talk about the nerve on that guy. The truth was out, and she couldn't hide it. So many thoughts ran by her mind. Each one was about what she did wrong and what could happen. Oddly enough, when she spoke to them, they were very normal and happy even. It was weird. So, they spent the entire night talking about simple things. This couldn't go on for forever though. Then here it was. The moment where everything just goes out the window. Nora says, "So, you sure you're okay with being with me?" This is the moment Nora realizes how she messes up. BIG TIME! But this is also the greatest moment of her life. "So, will you go out with me?" A few moments of excitement and embarrassment pass. Then she replies with, "I'd love to go out with you."

And so, the night went on. The chats filled with laughter, love and happiness. Nora had fallen in love with the woman of her wildest dreams and they lived crazily ever after!

END