Background

Disclaimer: Some things in this book are made up. (Or some like race results and football scores etc.)

—This is just a little background information on the main girl in the story—

Mikaela Ashlea Hazard. Age 21. Born in Liverpool, England but was adopted by the Hazard's when she was a year old so grew up in La Louvière, Belgium. She was adopted after her mother died in childbirth and her father had to go back to work in the army and eventually died in action. The Hazard's gladly took Mikaela in and treated her as one of their own even if they had 4 sons of their own, 3 of which were older than Mikaela and one who is younger. So she was surrounded by boys and none of them ever went easy on her. Not that she wanted them too but sometimes it would be a bit nice.

They were a very sporty family, football oriented mainly. Both parents used to play football professionally before becoming PE teachers in the local school. The love for sports and football got passed down to the children, including Mikaela and all were part of the local teams. They made sure to never pressure any of the kids to play football and allowed them to test out other sports if they wanted to which Mikaela took an instant liking to. She continued to play football but at the same time tested out other sports field hockey, gymnastics and tennis etc. but football was always her greatest love so she stayed playing that and developing herself as a player. She was going to be the best in the world, she was going to make sure of it.

In 2012 Eden, her oldest brother had an amazing opportunity to play for Chelsea and obviously, he took it. Eden even managed to get Mikaela a trial with the youth team which she was so excited about because it would give her a greater chance at playing football professionally considering most teams still don't have a women's one. Anyway, Mikaela packed up her bags and moved to London alongside Eden to compete in the trail which she eased through so at the age of 12 Mikaela was living in London with her older brother and his family. Chelsea was the start of her own career and she was excited to see where it would go from there.

At the age of 14, she got into the Chelsea Ladies' first team which was an absolute honour. She mainly played on the wing crossing the ball in as well as scoring however sometimes she gets put in the striker position or in central midfield because she is able to score goals but also dictates the game well. Her speed running with and without the ball is one of her best qualities however her dribbling and good eye when playing also makes her a fantastic football player. Also her accuracy for anything. Usually, the ball always goes to the target which is helpful. Having brothers who are incredible at football helped her a lot.

In 2015 when Mikaela was still 14 years old she had to decide what national team she was going to play for. Either her country of birth (England) or the country that she grew up in (Belgium) because she was eligible to compete for both. After a lot of thought, she decided to play for the lionesses (England) because it would be the closest thing that she could get to her birth parents and she wanted to keep that part of her. Of course, it'll hurt when she inevitably has to play Belgium since she has to turn her back on the country that raised her, however she knows it is worth it.

Also, she picked England because they picked her to play in the 2015 World Cup that was taking place in Canada. Obviously being so young Mikaela didn't get a lot of game time but it was still an experience of a lifetime and she did play some minutes in it too which she will never forget. Plus scoring a goal or two in the time that she played was incredible too. It was the start of her international career. Like in 2017 she was called up again (she was called up during that time too) for the Women's Euros which was taking place in the Netherlands. This time around she played in all of the matches and managed to be one off of being the top goal scorer as well as managing to be given the young player of the tournament.