Prologue

Rin's POV

Dear Mom,

Did you ever run away from home at the age of 11 and live a double life? Or at least want a life that you couldn't have because your family wouldn't let you? Or ever want to go outside of your room or make some friends but your guards outside your door wouldn't let you so you would have to sneak out? I don't remember you telling me stories about you running away or anything I just asked so I'm thinking you haven't. It's been roughly about 7 years since I've seen you. And the last time I was home, well, in all honestly, I don't even think of it as my home anymore. The only time I think about the castle is when I think of you because that's where you raised me and it's where you are.

I hate the king. I'm not even going to refer to him as......well you know. He didn't even come to your funeral and after it, he was uncontrollable, and he would hurt me and the people around me. Sometimes I thought he would kill me. He even killed a couple of the servants in front of me with his magic or sometimes he would suck the blood from their bodies until there wasn't any blood left to consume. It was terrible. When I did something, he didn't like or if I did something wrong, he would put me in the dungeon chambers under the castle and leave me there for days without any food or water. Sometimes he would hit me until I bled. That would be his way of punishment. And then once he threatened to bite me and drink my blood until I was more of a nothing then I am now, again, that's what he said. Not mine.

Anyway, now that I'm free and powerful, I can do whatever I want and still be able to protect myself and others if needed. I have a job, but I'm not sure if you'd like it. I was as an assassin, BUT, don't worry, I've never killed someone, like, ever. I don't plan to kill anyone. I just can live with the burden of killing someone. And yes, I know what you're thinking, "How can you be an assassin and not kill someone?"

Well, I just go and beat the criminal up and bring him/she back to headquarters. Right now, I'm on a case and it's about a prince that's accused of murder. People think that he killed his mother at the age of 11 and right now he's 18 years old. They didn't have any evidence about him killing his mother but apparently, 7 years later, they have evidence that he killed his mom, but I honestly don't think it was him and I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

I have to go on that case in a couple of hours, so I need to get ready, so I'll write more to you about my life when I have time. I wish I could see you again. I love you mom.

Love, your daughter Artemis  

Author's Note

This is first story I've ever made, so I'm sorry if its weird and I self edited this. Thank you for reading. This is a really short page but their going to longer on the other pages. My updates might be slow too and I apologize for that.