Vintage Shopping

Marisa's POV

Walking through the bustling streets of New York City with my best friend Paige on the search of any vintage store that we hadn't already scrounge through was seeming impossible. You see Paige and I have a love for anything vintage and once or twice a month we go vintage shopping as a little get away from life. 

I was starting to get a little discouraged. There has to be at least something we haven't seen before. 

All of a sudden Paige stopped walking making me run into her. I looked at her. She's staring in awe at something. I followed her gaze to a small vintage store across the street. 

I quickly got up off the ground,  grabbed her hand,  and basically dragged her across the street. We entered the little shop and stared in awe at the wonderful sight. The place was filled to the brim with everything vintage. Even though the store was small there was tons of stuff. We wouldn't be able to go through the whole store unless we split up. I turned to Paige "We should split up" I said. She nodded and set off to the left side of the store. 

I started of to the right looking over the objects. I stopped to feel the fabric of a dress. As I observed the bodice of the dress I saw something shiny out of the corner of my eye. I turned towards the source and found myself looking at the most beautiful typewriter I had ever seen. 

I quickly made my way over to it. I then stood and admired it. 

"That typewriter is a beauty isn't it." 

I turned to see an elderly man standing behind me. Most likely the owner. 

"Yes it is. How much would you like for it" I ask. There was no question about it. I was buying this typewriter. 

"Nothing. If you like it so much it's yours." I was speechless. Was he really just going to give me the typewriter? 

"You could put this old thing to work" he continued. 

"Are you sure. I can pay for it" I say while getting my wallet out of my purse. 

"No I'm quite sure. I want you to have it" he says. 

I was exultant. I was basically bouncing off the walls from excitement. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" I say. 

"Your quite welcome my dear. Let me just grab the case to put it in so it won't damage on your way home" he said. 

He grabbed the typewriter carefully then disappeared behind a purple curtain. 

In no time at all the man was back and this time carrying a large tattered brown case. 

"It's about time this old thing had another adventure" he said as he handed off the case to me. 

"Thank you so much" I say one last time as I head for the door. As I open the door of I heard the man murmur something. I turned back around towards him only to see him with his back to me cleaning something with a rag. 

I turned back around and headed through the door. I looked around for Paige. I finally found her sitting on a bench playing in her phone. 

"Didn't find anything " I ask as I notice no bags were sitting next to her. 

"Naw. Nothing really caught my eye" she said as she stood up and slipped her phone into her pocket. 

"What did you find" she asked eyeing the case in my arms. 

"You'll see" I say while waving my hand forward motioning for her to follow me as I started to make my way home. 

★★★★★★

Store Owners pov 

"That girl is in for one heck of an adventure" I mumble to myself as she makes her way out the door. 

*********************

Hey guys so first chapters done. We hope you all like it.  Comment and tell us what you think.