prologue and ch 1

(this is a long chapter, btw)

marc's pov

i've been friends with kya for 4 months and i'm in love with her because she has a beautiful smile, personality and a sweet voice that can light up an entire world with 1 word. she's so beautiful in her teal blue dress, gloves, tiara and heels. her entire kingdom likes her because she's a princess but i love her for who she is.

"marc! marc! earth to marc! hello, anyone there?" i snapped back to reality when i heard her call my name while waving her hand in front of my face. "sorry, i was daydreaming again" i apologized and she just smiled "it's ok. what were you thinking about?" she asked and i tensed "i, um, i, um" i stammered in embarrassment as i blushed madly and she giggled "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to" i sighed in relief when she said that then my mom came up to us "hi, my little, baby boy. i have some great news to tell you but um, kya, can you give us some privacy please?" mom asked my best friend "since it's my room, sure, i'll go wait on my balcony. bye!" then she skipped to her balcony doors and closed them behind her and my mom faced me. "marc, i just got accepted to work as a librarian in paris. isn't that exciting!" she told me and i couldn't believe it "but in order for me to work there, we might have to move next week" she finished sadly and i felt tears buildup in my eyes then we heard a quiet sniff then faced the balcony and saw kya walking back inside her room with tears running down her face. "you're moving next week? but we were going to the garden to pick flowers together next week" she said sadly as she hugged me then i hugged her back with tears slipping down my face "please promise to stay in touch with me?" she begged and my mom pulled out a small box and gave it to us "what's this?" i asked then kya opened it and gasped in surprise because there were matching rings inside the box that were twin, crystal, galaxy rings.

 "you're moving next week? but we were going to the garden to pick flowers together next week" she said sadly as she hugged me then i hugged her back with tears slipping down my face "please promise to stay in touch with me?" she begged and my mom...

"it's so you 2 can always remember each other while we're not here" my mom told her then she faced us "can you promise to never forget me?" she asked and i nodded then we hugged each other last time before my mom took me home and spent the next week packing then headed off to the airport and i never got to see my friend again.

(5 years later)

kya's pov

today was my coronation day to become the next queen to the throne of mystic falls. the preacher was about to put my mom's crown on my head when a crash suddenly hit the castle walls and everything started shaking then the knight general bursted through the doors. "your majesty, the moon kingdom is attacking the castle and looking for princess kya!" he told my mom panicked "gather as many knights as you can and defend the kingdom. kya, go to your room, pack everything as fast as you can and meet me by the bridge immediately" she ordered and we nodded then i ran to my room, packed everything in my suitcases, took my secret staircase to the front gate and met up with my mom just in time to see the entire castle crumble. "noooooo!" i screamed in agony as i fell on my knees and sobbed into my mother's arms "i know how you feel but we can't afford to waste anymore time" she said and we got to an airport then flew to a new place to live undercover.
________________________________