King Of Burgers [Female!Reader]

Thor adores his lady love endlessly. He'd do anything for his love- and he's learned there are plenty of ways to show his love on Earth. Cooking happens to be one of them. He recently learned that some if not most women on earth (men too obviously, but it is the norm for men), like being cooked for. Some greatly enjoy lunches for work or nice dinners after a long day of said work. He has been beautifully enchanted by the idea of making meals for you, his beautiful lady love.

You came to love the idea as well- for a little while.

You didn't realize how much he didn't know in regards to cooking. You'd nearly forgotten that on top of being a norse god- he was also royalty on Asgard. More often than not (from what you assumed), most royals did not have to do much for themselves. Servants cooked for them. They cleaned for them and other such things. So, he didn't know how to cook. Lots of people don't, and some can only do basic meals, but Thor? Oh, your handsome and wonderfully loving God of Thunder?

He's terrible and he wishes to learn on his own.

The food he attempts to make you is barely even food. It's often burnt or undercooked, no perfect in between where it's edible. If by some chance it is, it tastes bland because he has yet to teach himself about earths seasonings and spices. You hate to have to throw food out, but if it's not edible and no one else at your work wants it, what can you do? As of late, you've done well in hiding your little trips to fast-food restaurants and things. However- sometimes your sweet and caring boyfriend likes to come visit you at your job to see how you've liked his meal. There have been a handful of times where you've inhaled your fries or shoved your half-eaten burger into your desk drawer. Other times you've simply had to hide wrappers. You never realized that sometimes, you weren't so good at hiding it. He had to say something for you to finally notice.

"Lady [Y/n]?"

You looked up from your laptop. You were doing some work at home like usual, but his soft tone pulled you away easily, "Yes?"

Thor seemed to think of his words for a moment, "Do you not like my cooking?"

Your heart skipped a beat for a moment. You didn't want to hurt his feelings, but you couldn't flat out lie to him. "Err.. why do you ask?"

"Please, just answer the question."

You took a closer look at him. You could now clearly see the hurt look in his blue eyes. Somehow, he'd found out you weren't eating his lunches and that you lied about not being hungry come dinner time. Oh boy- how to get out of this? "Thor I..I don't- where is this coming from?"

He frowned now, clearly unhappy with you dodging the question, "I wish to know who this King of Burgers is and why his meals are good enough for you, yet mine are not."

You furrowed your brows, "..King of Burgers?"

"Yes. The King of Burgers. You have hidden his food wrappers from me. Along with some Donald guy. I have seen this King more than the Donald. Who made him the King of Burgers? Why do you eat his food but not mine?", his frown deepened.

King of Burgers, Donald- oh. Oh. He'd seen your Burger King and McDonalds wrappers. You guessed that he didn't know they were fast food joints, and not actually men cooking for you. Well-maybe the workers might have been guys, but there was no sole King of Burgers or a Donald cooking lavish meals for you. You were just grabbing whatever off the value menus. It wasn't super healthy, but it wasn't very often. You cooked for yourself when you could. Thor hogging the kitchen didn't make it too easy. He'd insist on cooking for you and not having you lift a finger. He was so ecstatic about it every time, so you couldn't deny him. Thor was an absolute sweetheart, he swayed you without even trying. He had the best of intentions, but...

"You are not answering. Where can I find this King of Burgers? He needs to know that I am the one who should be spoiling my lady, not him. I see you hiding his wrappers- or are they notes? Is he forcing your hand? I swear I will behead him if-"

"Thor!", you cut off his ranting, making him look at you once more with those sad blues of his. "There is no King of Burgers."

"There is! I once saw his place while heading to the store but I have forgotten which one. He was standing outside of it, with his obnoxiously large head, waving at people to come in. Did he brainwash you- is he forcing you to come in and eat his food?"

You sighed heavily. You had to tell him the truth, "No, Thor."

"Then what?"

"Well.. you know you uhm..uh..", your words dragged on, every part of you dreading to even tell him anything. You wished you'd hidden everything better.

Thor's frown deepens, "Is my food not good?"

"Your effort is amazing Thor. I love that you want to cook for me, but.."

"But?", he asks.

"You're not.. the best at it.", his face falls and your heart sinks with it, "Not yet! You need a teacher, you can't teach yourself. I had to be taught- every one has to be taught!"

His fallen face turned to a slight pout, "I am the God of Thunder, I should not have to be taught."

"You had to learn how to fight, didn't you? To use your godly powers and wield your hammer, didn't you?"

He pondered your words for a moment before sighing. His shoulders slumped slightly, "Okay. I see your point- but I still do not like this King of Burgers spoiling you. I wish to do that, and if he keeps persuading you to go into his place and take his food I will hit him with Mjolnir."

"Thor, you can't hit him. It's just a guy in a costume. Burger King is a fast food restaurant. I appreciate the thought, though."

"The guy persuaded you though, didn't he? Then he is at fault-"

"It's just an easy way to buy food already cooked! Everyone goes there, and to Mcdonalds. They're not people, just businesses."

"I still do not like it."

You sighed softly, shaking your head with a small grin, "Okay. We can cook together until you learn how to cook, and I promise I'll eat those meals."

A proud grin pulled across his face and he leaned down to softly kiss your cheek, "Glorious! The King of Burgers has nothing against the God of Thunder!"

You couldn't even pretend to be irritated. Your God of Thunder was wonderful, and in due time, his cooking skills would surpass the King of Burgers. Until then..

"You have Donald's food in your bag- you're eating it right now! LADY [Y/N]!"

Running and eating is not safe- yet somehow it's fun. Especially when he's laughing with you, shaking you with his joyous laughter once he catches you, stealing a fry and being surprised that it does taste good. He swears he'll be better than both that awful King and boring Donald someday. He's right.

Though for now, he'll enjoy cooking with you. It's more messing around and kissing than it is cooking, but you wouldn't trade it for the world.